or Connect

Posts by DSElliot

Well, that advice came from not knowing his finances.  I own two reversible belts that I use for travel.  If you are pushing everything into a carry on, every inch of space counts.   I agree with the cotton belt.  I didn't think of that, but it isn't my style, although I have worn Army nylon rigger-style belts with army surplus pants, although that is more for working in the yard than anything else.
Much of this depends.  Are you located in the US?   There are people from all over the world on this forum.  Are the clothes for school or for after school?   Recently ran into a similar problem that you are facing - I used to wear business suits when I first started working.  Then I got a job at an internet company where people skateboarded through hallways and drank beer in the conference room.  My uniform became jeans and whatever t-shirt I pulled on that day....
  Ok, I suppose we are all in different lines of work.  I run a division of a software company, but I don't do the hoodie thing.  I'm normally a sportcoat, slacks and nice shoes kind of guy.  I've often said that I dress to let other people know exactly who is in charge.   I did work in Lower Manhattan once for a commodities trading company, but again, I managed the team that wrote the trading and prediction software so it was quite common to come to work with a messenger...
Buy a Timbuk2 bag   http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/   #1. They are made in America (in San Francisco)  #2. You can customize it any way you want. http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/customizer #3. It has a lifetime warranty.  It breaks, they fix it : http://www.timbuk2.com/wordpress_cms/customer-service/lifetime-warranty/   This bag tends to go well with pretty much anything.  It's understated enough to use for a business meeting, yet just snappy enough to look good...
I know I'm new here, but nobody is going to be looking at you.  This is not *your* wedding, you are an accessory to your wife, and a minor one at that.  This is *her* wedding.   That being said, you could probably wear your motorcycle helmet and nobody would notice.  But kudos to you for stepping up and trying to make a good impression with the bridal party.  I'm sure your bride to be appreciates that.   I think brown belt and grey pants are going to look a...
  A cheap belt will become scratched and worn with use.  They also tend to be on the thin side and won't fill out your belt loops properly.  Yes, a watch is sometimes covered by your sleeves, but how often do you pull back your sleeve to look at it?   I don't think women tend to be impressed by watches, but I don't dress to impress women.  I dress so that everybody who encounters me instantly knows who is in charge.  
First time post... I found the forum because I'm interested in a pair of spectator shoes.  Four hours later, I'm still reading...   In my opinion, a man who is just starting out can get by on a shirt from Kohls and slacks from LLBean, but he can never, ever skimp on three important items:   #1. His shoes #2. His belt #3. His watch   A watch is probably the most important accessory a man can own.  People will always notice your watch.     I remember...