or Connect

Posts by jeepbreh

Starting to buy chinos for the first time. I've heard a lot of good things about JCrew urban slim.  Couple questions: Which chino do I buy? There's lightweight, broken in, bowery, essential, etc.  Should I bother with retail, or are the factory chinos just as good? Do they shrink in the dryer on heavy heat? Or are they preshrunk? What colors are essential? I'm thinking dark red, navy, white, and yellow.    Finally.. JCrew vs Brooks Brothers for chinos.. which is...
When I buy something I tend to keep it for a long time, not try it out to see if it's any good. Yes I've already bought them, but they have the tags on. I am referring to keeping these despite knowingly poor reviews pretty much everywhere - I would prefer a brand that is consistently highly reviewed so I'm not wasting my money.
I can't afford to drop $200 on trousers to try them out.. Would rather go with something safe.
I just bought the Madison Gabardine trousers from Brooks Brothers yesterday to find out they were made in Thailand instead of Canada. Apparently the wool is lesser quality along with the seams, and these pants wrinkle according to guys on this forum. You guys have any recommendations for good wool pants ~$100 each?  I'm thinking either Nordstrom, Jcrew, or Charles Tyrwhitt? How about Bonobos? Looking for wool.
Bump
Looking to buy it. Thanks!  
Pm sent
I'm looking for a pair like this for $300-350   http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-9-eyelet-cap-toe-boot-commando-sole-calfskin-dark-tan/pvc-ald-mxsbd-40721c_ald_m_9_eyelet_cap_toe_boot_commando_sole_calfskin.html
Does anybody here know of anything new that AE plans to put out soon? I have been looking for a pair for brown cap toe boots similar to the fifth street made by AE but I cannot find anything except a pair of Aldens for $500 - my budget is $300-350.   Seems like the only place I can look is C&J and they're located only in NY.. not going there just for shoes. I live in Chicago
PM sent