Posts by cemi1988

again - i don't mean to offend you, but you haven't provided anything other than hearsay accounts of your conversations with op-shop managers and your interpretation of how they perceive you.  my original point remains.  if op-shops exist to to make money to support services provided by the charity running the shop - wouldn't it be better for items to be segregated at the depot into two categories - those items that can reasonably be expected to be resold on ebay for the...
my post was only directed at you insofar as you made a definitive statement about why op-shop exists. i disagree with you, and whether i'm right or wrong, this is a forum.   i'll openly admit i'm biased, my mother is from a very poor background and her views on charity donations etc has shaped my views on this type of thing growing up. that said, i have no knowledge or experience on the economics of op-shops.    fwiw i also don't share the view that it is the op-shop...
what about the ethics of selling something you buy at an op shop? rightly or wrongly i think it's concerning that people habitually hunt through op shops and buy all the decent stuff for pennies on the dollar and the flog it off for a profit. i don't think when people make the well intentioned decision to donate an expensive item with plenty of life left in it they contemplate someone is going to buy it for $x and flip it on ebay for at least $3x. particularly when it's...
been a while since i had anything altered. today i was quoted the following $135 to let out a jacket waist. have no idea whether this is reasonable as I can't remember prices. is this a reasonable price? silk saddle $65 and shorten trouser (no cuff) $25 - these seem reasonable.
deleted
i don't agree, but the main point was that you hadn't in fact listened to the comments or turned your mind to their context before forming a view on them. 
 no disrespect but the comments made by mcguire were made on triple m radio and not on public free-to-air-television which would be watched by a far broader audience.  triple m footy's selling point is its 'locker room' culture - anyone who listens to it on a regular basis would know this.   save that mcguire's particular comments related to a female journalist in this particular instance, they were not unique or out of keeping with the show's context.  insults are...
bad mistake. the condescending patronising tone in the explanation is worse.
Sold
 Had the exact same problem with 2 pairs of meermins I bought a while ago.  Ended up having to sell both - I guess the last just wasn't for me.