or Connect

Posts by modernman76

The good news is that these styles will be a dime a dozen at some point again (hopefully in our lifetime).  I have a house full of Heywood-Wakefield and when I first started collecting it was fairly cheap, then there was a price spike for about 15 years.  It's now back down to reasonable prices again.  Same thing for George Nelson lamps and clocks.  You couldn't give away those things when I started collecting, now there is a huge premium.  These chairs may or may not...
I got the Milano Smoke leather with Rosewood Palisander veneer.  I'm excited to see how it looks in person.
Thanks for all the pics and thoughts.  After all the reviews I read, and wading through the BS on both sides, I decided to buy the Rove.  It should be here next week, so we'll see how good or bad it is.  I'm optimistic that it will fit my needs. 
I have the same dilemma as some of you.  I'm looking at IFN Modern as well as Rove for an Eames Lounge and a few LCW's.  I've tried to talk myself into the Herman Miller version, but just can't see $3500+ worth of value for it.  I've seen many pics of authentic HM's broken, so how pissed would I be if a $1600 clone/copy breaks, as opposed to $3500 chair breaks?  I realize in a lot of areas you get what you pay for, and I'm one that likes to pay once and enjoy for life, but...
I still have a few to go to round out the collection, but it's not bad so far.       (Bottom picture - left to right)  Tricker's for Herring's, Alfred Sargent, Tricker's, Alden, Tricker's for Norse, Cheaney for RRL, Tricker's, Tricker's, Tricker's for Herring's.
Up for sale is a great pair of Epaulet x Alden boots.  They are in like new condition (I purchased them from another SF user who wore them once, and I tried them on once).  Unfortunately they are a 1/2 size too small for me.  Please let me know if you have any questions.   I'm looking to recoup most of the purchase price, so I would like $475/shipped (North America only) paid via PayPal.  I am open to offers or trades for the same boot in a larger...
For sale or trade is a wonderful pair of Tricker's for Herring Steeple boots.  I've worn these twice to the office and they are about a half size too big for me.  They are size 9UK fitting 5 (medium), and are on the 4444 last.    Items included: Boots Original shoebox Tricker's polish Dust cloth Boot bags
Love these. So much nicer looking than Aldens IMO.
I have the Fat Herbie and love it.  Can't even feel it compared to my old tri-fold wallet (no lump butt anymore).  This new wallet 'Tony the Ant' looks appealing.