or Connect

Posts by corgi invasion

I ordered some online to Germany from an irish shop, which was 345euros, english online prices are similar. If you know your size, it is a good option. 
the airport shop has a pretty good range (it is within the duty-free area); George st Sydney is worth checking out, though not as much stock as you would think considering it is a flagship shop, there is also one in Westfield across the street. Further down towards the quay in the Renzo Piano building there is another rm shop with a pretty reasonable range.
a couple of reference photos. Bushman with willow leather, and brass screwed soles 9GW, with whiskey craftsman 9G. The bushman last seems a lot smaller than the craftsman, more equivalent to an 8G/F. (I thought maybe 9G W referred to a woman's sizing, but apparently not). 
I don't know about the red or cognac colors, but I've seen the rum in person, and it is quite chocolate looking, less reddish than the chestnut. What impressed me about them was the soft feel of the leather in comparison to the chestnut. I'm pretty sure it was still the same yearling leather, not the calf. 
I was going to get some polish for my Chestnut and Whisky RMs, I usually use the RMW polish, but can't get hold of it easily here in Germany. So far I was looking at Saphir, for those who use this, would the following be a good approximation? whisky = '03 light brown' and chestnut = '05 dark brown'.  Are there any other good alternatives?
I have a pare of chestnut comfort craftsman's that I have worn for 2 years. I have looked after them, but they nevertheless need a lot of repair: heel and sole changed, I also notice some holes in the lining (heel and front), and a couple of micro tears in the leather upper. Is it worth sending these back? or are some things just not repairable? should I let them die gracefully and get a new pair? (planning on getting some new ones anyway) 
I know there is probably a more general shoe maintenance forum for this question, but I can't find it at present. I used innersoles for my Craftsmen, and they seem to have infected the shoes with a horrible mouldy smell. I threw the liners out immediately. I don't know how to get rid of the smell. I treat the shoes well - wearing them every second day, using cedar shoe trees. I have a shoe deodorant, but as far as I know they are mostly alcohol based, which I'm guessing...
Hallo I'm James, I found this place looking for some specific advice on some boots, and realize this might be a good starting point for improving my wardrobe, I have always been a bit intimidated by clothes shopping, and have never been obliged to make much effort in my workplace, but I do feel like I need to change that as I get older, and I've already discovered so much just researching this one boot question on this forum.
I have a problem with some Gardener boots that I bought in a size 9.5 G, they fitted well in the store, but have stretched over the past week, and I am thinking really, a half size smaller would have been perfect (I was told in the shop that they should fit perfectly from the first wear, but from reading parts of this forum I realize that this doesn't apply to the heavy greasy kip leather of the gardener boots). I have tried thicker socks to compensate, but this requires...