or Connect

Posts by odub

I'm looking for one of their lighter weight sportcoats in the half-lined Havana style, preferably in a shade of blue or brown that will wear well in warm-weather autumns. 
Don't worry about it. I just realized: we're both in L.A. If convenient, maybe I can just swing by, try the jacket on in person, and bring cash in case I want to make the purchase?    --Oliver
Despos (or anyone else):   My ideal measurements for a sport coat are:   Shoulders: 17-17.5 (seam to seam) Chest: 18.5-19 (pit to pit) Waist: 36-37 Sleeve: 25   I feel like I'd ideally be a 37R but of course, that's not a common size.    When I look at 38Rs, I often find ones where the shoulders are fine but, Chest: 20 Waist: 38   How likely can a decent tailor adjust that standard 38R to fit my measurements? Or am I better off just hunting for slim 38Rs or...
Tailoring question: I picked up sport coat recently where the fit overall seemed decent but when buttoned:   1) the back of the jacket collar doesn't lay flat against my neck 2) there's a slight gap that forms in the chest area, behind the lapels.   The two are interrelated - something about the construction is such that buttoning the jacket reshapes everything from the chest up to the back collar. It's subtle...but it's there. I've had tailor fix that gap problem in...
Newbie question but as someone who likes the look and texture of tweed, when it does come time to retire those jackets, what's a natural transition to a spring fabric with the same casual/rustic nature?
It's been surprisingly difficult to find what I would assume would be an easy staple piece of clothing but here I am.    I'm looking for a classic, two-button (or 3/2 roll) corduroy sport coat/blazer. Chocolate brown or olive brown preferred.    Ideal measurements (and this is where I'm having a hard time finding the right fit, literally):   Chest: 19-20" Shoulders: 17-18" Sleeves: Nothing shorter than 25"   Basically, I need a 36R jacket with 38R sleeves....
Cleaning out my closet of some slim-fit shirts. These should fit anyone in a typical M or 38R quite well.    Uniqlo orange linen, M This is a thicker linen so it works multi-season (orange is good for fall but it's also bright enough for spring/summer). Back darting. Single pocket.    PTP: 20 Sleeve: 25 Shoulder: 19   Banana Republic, indigo cotton, L (16-16.5)     Nice, dark indigo navy. Back darting. Single pocket with flap and pocket.    PTP: 21 Sleeve:...
Question: taupe wool trousers - an alternative to dress chinos, yay or nay? 
Quick spring cleaning: a Tyrwhitt navy/white block check shirt in their extra slim cut. 16 x 34   S2S: 18.5" P2P: 21" Length: 32" S2C (sleeve): 25.5"   In excellent condition; only worn a few times.  Removable brass stays.   $15 w/ free shipping CONUS   (I have a few other cheap BDs for sale on ebay: http://goo.gl/FC3Sl (if you want any, just holler and I'm happy to do a bulk sale)