or Connect

Posts by odub

Blowtorch. 100% serious. I was picking up shoes from Willie's Shoe Service in Los Angeles and I asked Raul, one of the main guys who works there, what I could about all the hairy strands on my suede shoes (which I was wearing). He got out a blowtorch and ran it over my shoes and voila! No more hairy threads.   The main catch is that using fire won't just burn off the threads but it'll also burn the nap down to its base. Visually, you won't notice the difference - the...
If I can ask: what does he typically charge per shirt? And is there a minimum order for new customers? Thanks!
Bump: any updates on the quality of Toth's work? 
"GORGEOUS BESPOKE CASHMERE GLEN PLAID JACKET by Tony the Tailor of Shanghai"   *I originally bought this from our very own Tweedydon a year ago but it hasn't gotten enough wear to justify keeping. Here's his original description:  "This is absolutely gorgeous! There's no fabric content listed, but it's clearly very, very soft and very, very luxurious cashmere--as befits a jacket made by one of the premier bespoke tailors of Shanghai, Tony the Tailor, who has clothed in...
Probably a shot in the dark, but if anyone feels like deacquisitioning a Leager (preferably the navy wool one) in a 40R, I'm definitely interested.    I'm also in the market for a Havana in 38R but it largely depends on the fabric. 
Barely worn cotton cardigan in a classic navy, purchased last fall at the Muji flagship store in Los Angeles.    Light ribbing to give it some visual/textural interest. Fits slim; I'm a 38R and this fits great. It's just one cardigan too many in my wardrobe. It's in excellent condition.    Chest: 20 inches Shoulder: 17 inches Sleeve: 25 inches Length: 26.5 inches    Free USPS shipping. 
Barely worn cotton cardigan in a classic navy, purchased last fall at the Muji flagship store in Los Angeles.    Light ribbing to give it some visual/textural interest. Fits slim; I'm a 38R and this fits great. It's just one cardigan too many in my wardrobe. It's in excellent condition.    Chest: 20 inches Shoulder: 17 inches Sleeve: 25 inches Length: 26.5 inches    Free USPS shipping. 
Badsha: What's the name of Toth's store? I'm trying to find it via Yelp but got nada. Thanks !
In case anyone is liquidating F/W wear to get ready for spring, I'm looking for a slim v-neck sweater in something like a lambswool, donegal or shetland yarn: something with a little texture vs. the clean sheen of a merino or cashmere.   Size medium (chest 36-38), color in a navy (though mid/dark blues are also fine). J.Crew's slim lambswool is what I have in mind but i'm open to other makers. 
This is a long shot but I'm looking for a Pendleton Shetland cable shawl cardigan. I think they had it in their 2012-13 season (possibly earlier) but it's no longer in stock. I need a small.