or Connect

Posts by N8ter

I have been wanting to purchase a grey suit for a bit and I jumped on two options during the recent Brooks Brothers one day 40% off sale.  At first inspection I really liked the option shown below as it has a fine plaid pattern to add some interest to the fabric but not being overly bold.  It is a Fitzgerald and I like the fit and drape.  The color is a shade lighter than I was thinking, but still in range.  However, I noticed when trying it on that in certain light I...
One more I am considering as I was looking a bit more as I am not entirely sold on the BB for a few reasons, some of them mentioned earlier in the thread.  I am pretty sure I know what the responses will be to this one, but I wanted to solicit thoughts as a good learning opportunity.     Sleeves need to be lengthened a bit. Roll in the back by vent is a shipping artifact that needs to be pressed out.      
I tired a size down in the Fitz and it was too snug across the chest/under the arms.  So the size I have on in the pic is the closest fit available in everything I tried.  I also am aware of the historical connotations of the brass buttons on a navy blazer, but they just aren't my favorite style.  I will, however, replace them with something that contrasts enough to be able to distinguish the jacket as a blazer.
Thanks for the quick reply.  BB is having a 30% sale right now on most of their jackets.  I am assuming the blade work on the JAB wouldn't be inexpensive or easy to fix?
I have decided to add this staple to my wardrobe, but I want it to be something that is more leaning toward formal so I can wear it for business when a suit isn't called for, but need to have a jacket.  I have looked at and tried a few different options on a thin budget (300 or less) and have purchased two options I am trying to decide between.  Neither has patch pockets, but I am ok with that, as again, I don't mind leaning a bit formal.     Please take a look and...
What wax do you gentlemen use to polish walnut calf (stands)?  I know the hanger project AE says cognac or tobacco Saphir for the "Brown Walnut Finish", but I have read of people using light or dark brown as well.  Would brown or tan be better in Kiwi?  I have the AE walnut premium polish, but I need some wax as the shoes are 2nds and the right shoe fairly decent size scuff on the toe through the surface of the leather from the edge sander I am guessing.  It had a good...
I just purchased some trousers today, but I am second guessing the purchase now.  Are they "in good taste" being a linen/wool blend 55/45% and pair well with navy or beige based odd jackets?  They look slightly chunky on the model and he is a bit taller/slimmer than I am. I do need some more mid-grey pants and thought linen would be nice for spring/summer weather  if it ever hits (live in Wisconsin), but now wondering if I would be better of getting a gabardine pair now...
  I don't think it will probably ever go away, but I would expect it lessen over time as the shoe wears.  Additionally, from the photo I would think it would be hard for anyone ever to notice the difference from eye to foot distance, so I would probably just keep them but they are your shoes.  If you don't like it, exchange them.     I also wanted to recommend that you not go with the smaller size and hope they will stretch.  I have the same problem as you where my left...
Thinking I want to jump on that shirt & tie for $50 deal from Charles Tyrwhitt, but need a little sizing help.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how CT shirts fit size wise in comparison to JAB or BB?  For example, I measure at a 16.5 but find I need a 17 in JAB, but BB the 16.5 is right on.  Also measure a 34 sleeve, and the JAB 34 is juuust long enough.  Wondering if a 34.5 in CT would be better?  Lastly, how does the CT extra slim compare to the BB extra slim or...