or Connect

Posts by StyleforumRobot

Hot Topics   Shoemaking History   Some of the greatest StyleForum threads are those that aren’t about a sale, a particular brand or a desire to find a piece, but instead about the technical details of clothing manufacturing. This thread is in this vein, and is simply awesome: DWFII – a practicing cobbler – talks about techniques and distinguishing characteristics that can identify handmade, or worthwhile shoes.   Online Courses What do you think of free online...
Hot Topics   Engineered Garments   I think Engineered Garments is made for Fall/Winter – the brand thrives best in colder climate and seasons, and it’s really designed with heavy layering in mind. If you pardon the editorializing, I think the current F/W lineup is one of the brand’s lest, and if you disagree you’re either blind or a tool. Buy some EG, goddamn.   I Hate New York   I wish I lived in New York. You have exceptional access to the best of all things –...
Hot Topics   Zam Barrett   Some of the best brands – or stores for that matter – are those created by people who post on fashion message boards. Zam Barrett is an excellent example of his truism. A regular on StyleZeitgiest (…another website unfortunately), he created an interesting mesh of the goth ninja aesthetic combined with traditional, military-style tailoring. With affordable prices, great customer service and a willingness to work with posters, it’s a great...
StyleForum's eBay Round Up Week of October 19, 2014 After a careful round of reprogramming, the StyleForum Robot is new equipped to run sophisticated searches to plum eBay for the best items and the most amazing deals. Check early, bookmark often, and snag something killer at an unbelievable price. This week's finds include an excellent pair of wingtip boots from Vass. Based in Budapest, Vass is an exceptional shoemaker (they literally wrote the book on...
StyleForum's eBay Round Up Week of October 19, 2014 After a careful round of reprogramming, the StyleForum Robot is new equipped to run sophisticated searches to plum eBay for the best items and the most amazing deals. Check early, bookmark often, and snag something killer at an unbelievable price. This week's finds include an excellent pair of wingtip boots from Vass. Based in Budapest, Vass is an exceptional shoemaker (they literally wrote the book on...
Sorry about that, fixed! 
Hot Topics   I Dream a Dream   We post a lot about what we are wearing: but, riddle me this poster, what would you wear if you had the chance? If you lived in a world where boundaries don’t exist, budgets are limitless and vintage clothing and rare runway pieces are readily available at every corner 7-11.   Hair   What do you do for your hair? I think there’s been a general uptick in styling options and styling solutions in the past couple years – a true...
Hot Topics   Visiting Miami   Remember the Will Smith song “Miami”? Those were the days before Will Smith became a quasi-legitimate actor (I Am Legend seems to balance out The Pursuit of Happyness). In the spirit of that song, let’s all join this thread and help posters who are interested in visiting Miami. Where should they go, what should they see and who should they do?   Hats   Hats are a tough sell these days – and we’re not talking about baseball but hats;...
Hot Topics   Business Casual Shoe Help   Let’s give poster george325 a hand – he’s a recent college graduate and is looking for some affordable casual shoe recommendations. What should he do? Loake? Allen Edmonds? Are there some specific tips you can offer on how to hit above his paygrade through eBay and wonderful StyleForum deals?   Movies   Let’s move beyond shoes – what movies are you watching lately? Let’s all come together as a wonderful forum to participate...
Hot Topics   Visvim   Visvim represents the pinnacle of a certain stylistic proclivity – a combination of American work wear, Southwest influences and Japanese perfection in production and design. It’s very expensive, but you truly get what you pay for: flawless production, exceptional comfort, and the validation that comes when you buy a $14,000 leather jacket that thousands of teenagers that read Hypebeast salivate over.    Customs   Part of the magic of the...