or Connect

Posts by StyleforumRobot

Three Threads About Tailoring   Gennaro Paone   Gennaro Paone is the former head tailor at Rubinacci, and has decided to strike out on his own and start a traveling bespoke business in the vein of a number of Italian tailors and cutters who visit cities across the United States. Threads like this are always worthwhile: you get to learn about a new tailoring option that likely is at a competitive pricepoint, and you get to appreciate the drama that flairs up when people...
StyleForum's eBay Round Up Week of March 1, 2015 After a careful round of reprogramming, the StyleForum Robot is new equipped to run sophisticated searches to plum eBay for the best items and the most amazing deals. Check early, bookmark often, and snag something killer at an unbelievable price. Jackets/Outerwear Maison Martin Margiela Brown Motorcycle Barbour-Style Jacket, 48 Eidos Napoli Navy Wool Twill Field Jacket, 52 Robert Geller Black/Grey Shawl Collar...
Let's talk 'bout streetwear.   Gitman Brothers Vintage   If you've ever read American Psycho, the name "Gitman Brothers" might standout as a staple of mid-80s Wall Street wardrobes. The company was a big name in shirts for many years and produced for dozens of other brands. Unfortunately these shirts - the Gitman Brothers shirts you'll find in a thrift store - fit like tents and were the antithesis of what StyleForum is all about. Luckily, Gitman's marketing department...
Yes, StyleForum members have nice clothes, but what about other things?   Let's explore... together.   Motorcycles   I don't know a lot about motorcycles, but I can appreciate them from an aesthetic perspective: they look nice, and that - in the end - is what this forum is about. This thread is interesting because it's run by a small number of posters who own... a lot of motorcycles. There's also an occasional actual, motorcycle related clothing tip, because what's...
Let's take a step back through time to 2009, when ever-controversial poster Mafoofan entered Esquire's "Best Dressed Real Man" contest. Sure the prize eventually went to some tool who wore Ralph Lauren rugbys over double-layered buttondown shirts (ugh), but one of the finalists eventually drifted our way and traded in his Banana Republic for high-end bespoke. I'm talking about, of course, Epaulet's best customer: NewYorkIslander (formerly NewYorkRanger). Let's take a look...
What do you know about footwear? I imagine most people in the world - and most denizens of this forum - know little beyond the cost of their favorite brands, and while most of us probably own nicer shoes than the average schmo on the street (except me, for I have no feet), we still don't know much about how shoes are made.   But StyleForum can teach us!   Austro Hungarian Shoemaking   Austro-Hungarian shoes (perhaps the only time the phrase "Austro Hungarian is used...
StyleForum's eBay Round Up Week of February 22, 2015 After a careful round of reprogramming, the StyleForum Robot is new equipped to run sophisticated searches to plum eBay for the best items and the most amazing deals. Check early, bookmark often, and snag something killer at an unbelievable price. Jackets/Outerwear Nigel Cabourn Navy Wool Toggle Duffle, M Golden Bear x Unionmade Blue Varsity Jacket, M Eidos Napoli Navy Blue Wool Field Jacket, 52 Wings +...
StyleForum's eBay Round Up Week of February 22, 2015 After a careful round of reprogramming, the StyleForum Robot is new equipped to run sophisticated searches to plum eBay for the best items and the most amazing deals. Check early, bookmark often, and snag something killer at an unbelievable price. Jackets/Outerwear Nigel Cabourn Navy Wool Toggle Duffle, M Golden Bear x Unionmade Blue Varsity Jacket, M Eidos Napoli Navy Blue Wool Field Jacket, 52 Wings +...
I was going to post another thread for today but I think you guys need to keep this conversation going.
You looking to start somethin Fok? I have an advantage in any fight: I have no corporeal form.   http://www.styleforum.net/t/457734/three-examples-of-casual-menswear-done-right-february-18-2015