or Connect

Posts by conak

I have items other than bags and jackets. I have shirts, pants, vests and boots. I like everything I have from them with the exception of a pair of knit gloves that the stitching opened up on the first day of use. I did get them on clearance for 5 bucks though, so not that bog of a deal. I try to avoid the outsourced stuff, though I have had good experience with most of it, but I wouldn't pay full price for something not made in the USA.As for accessories, I have the belt,...
True they can be on the slim side, though that works for me, as I usually can size up and get a jacket to my proportions that way. Pants I usually get from other sources anyways, and have found good tweeds and wool twills from Orvis and Bills khakis, though the Woolrich pants I have are not overly slim.Thanks for the William Lennon recommendation. I just may have to give them a try. I wish the surgeons jacket came in a lighter color. I have a charcoal tweed coat...
I like it; I have a Nigel Cabourn small peak jacket coming my way. Do you own that Donegal Surgeons jacket you linked? If so, where's it made? I like the look of it. Very much my style. I own quite a bit of Filson, and I'd recommend almost all of it, though most of their stuff is more casual than your example. Other similar work can be found by woolrich under their Woolrich Woolen Mills label, and by Engineered Garments, and Post Overalls (Post O'Alls). As far as I know...
Thanks US grant and Zipphyh for the clarification. Don't get me wrong, I still like and purchase many of their items, including their newer models, and I would love to have some of the black label stuff. I'm just worried at the general trend toward mass production and outsourcing (though kudos to them for bringing several of the items back to domestic production.). The fact they moved from 26 oz to 24 oz on the mackinaw items is an example of my concern. Why did the wool...
FYI, it's the corporation that owns Polo Ralph Lauren, (forget what they call themselves now). And we can definitely see that corporate influence. Still generally quality stuff, but they keep adding crap made to increase the profits by exploiting the hard-earned good name, not to mention moving production to 3rd world countries, reducing the overal quality while maintaining prices. Then in order for the high priced outsourced goods to seem reasonable, they jack up the...
+2I own a lot of filson gear. None of it has names on it but any filson owner would spot it a mile away. Unfortunately this is a fairly standard trend when companies sell out...Take a respected name with a solid reputation, plaster the name all over so other people who admire the clothes know what to buy, then cut costs while maintaining price, then fizzle out into mediocrity before moving to the next brand. Remember that Ambercrombie & Fitch used to be a serious outdoors...
Hey everyone FYI Orvis has a great deal on Navy Mackinaw Cruiser- $234 sale price, plus another 20% off means 184 for a new Cruiser (they only have Navy, which is a very dark Navy)plus free shipping! Pretty good deal, they go for more used on eBay! not sure how long the sale will last though
Holy cr@p yes! I had this happen first to my Maroon Trickers (cleaner followed by multiple coats of rennovateur cleaned it off, only to reappear with every drizzle of rain, and then I repeat the process). I thought it could be salt (I'm new to both higher-end boots and to life in a region that salts the roads and sidewalks) but when it didn't happen to a pair of Loakes I own, but did happen to a pair of pebble Alfred Sargents, I blamed the Saphir that had served as a base...
    Very nice, I like the natural colored leather contrast. Where'd you get them? I don't see the Eaton for sale very often.
 And they were very helpful and patient with me during the process to exchange the size 10s for a 9.5. This was my first purchase from them, but I will definitely be going back (though it'll be hard for me to justify seeing as I will have 5 pairs of brogue boots once the 9.5s arrive... 3 Trickers, 1 Loake and 1 Alfred Sargent). Not quite sure how that happened, but British footwear just seems to fit my odd-shaped feet so well. Credit to STP though, for introducing me to...