or Connect

Posts by conak

Can't say I've seen the cabourn jacket in person, but I have a good deal of ventile, both single and double layer. It is rigid, but probably not as much as you are imagining. The only waterproof layers which are truly strong enough for military (ab)uses, aren't breathable or pack-able enough for the physical demands of military applications, so militaries use more delicate fabrics than you would expect compared to the uniforms. Anyways, it is slightly stiff compared to...
For the stain I recommend saphir renomat. While I don't know about coffee, it's designed to remove stains from leather, and I've used it to successfully strip old polish.
I have a pair of whites (farmer rancher model) with the lower heel, and I don't feel it loses any of the arch support, though you may want whites opinion on that. If you don't much care for the height of your western boot heels, I'd definitely suggest considering the lower profile.Yeah, I don't get the final eyelet...I've meant to write whites about it. They aren't the only ones that I've seen do it, and I can't quite figure out the point of it. My best guess is paranoia...
Probably more Semi-dress wearers here than smokejumpers given the nature of this forum. I no longer wear serious boots for work (office dweller now), but I can recommend them. Landscaping can be a bit varied, so I'm not sure what your environment entails but I'd recommend a few considerations:the sole. Lug might be unnecessarily extreme. I find that in most environments, my flat vibram (forget the name) sole or the half-lug is preferable, because while they provide...
Of course, this depends on personal tollerance and the climate you live in. I find them comfortable enough in the summer when it's below 80F so long as it's not too humid. With humidity, that comfort level needs to drop about 10 degrees. Of course, my feet will sweat a bit, but it's do-able. Certainly not my first choice in the summer, but if you need a boot in the summer, you'll have the same story anyway you go. I rarely wear them in the summer, only if I'm going into...
I'm wearing the same issue you describe today, except with plain toe, tramping bluchers. I got a new pair about half a size large because they were 1st quality on sale for $144... Couldn't pass that up over sock thickness! And with the boot socks, they fit great.While I agree with people that say not to worry too much about the brand of sock, if you don't know what to look for you might have a tough time looking, and could end up with something not much thicker than a tube...
Those don't seem fake to me. I'm no expert but I do have 7 pairs of Trickers in various models and that looks legit. I expected to see a Trickers insole haphazardly glued into some H&M brogue garbage, but the sole, internal markings and insole all look right. It could be a cheaper line intended for sale (it does look like it says it's from the Jermyn st. Collection, which I don't have personal experience with), and clearly a topy sole was added after purchase, but looks...
Thanks for the recommendation, I didn't realize they (allegedly) did that. Not sure how I feel about trying to peel anything, but good to know there's an option if I get desperate
That's a good point...I completely overlooked it
Hi all, I didn't get any help in the heel/sole identification thread, so figured I'd try her, since my theory is Trickers. I have two pairs of Trickers with the same exact soles, but all my Trickers boots and shoes all have hand-written internal markings and this pair is printed. Anyone know if other makers use this sole or if Trickers at one point printed the inner markings?