or Connect

Posts by conak

I received the mallory vest in 52 that I got from the Cultizm sale and definitely like the fit. I went for 52 with recommendations based on the fact I have a 50 Mallory, and it seems on target. But I think probably the reason for the mix match is because most of us prefer the jacket with a slightly more slim fit than Nigel Cabourn intended. Anyways, the box arrived very damaged, open, and soaked by water. The vest was UN damaged so I'm not very upset, but there doesn't...
Yeah I used that blog as reference when shrinking an army stripe tweed peak lapel in 52. It actually came out better on me than a 50 (my actual size) because it fixed my usual problem of the sleeves being too long. I'd say I got nearly a full size shrinkage, though I did two 30 minute rounds soaking in very hot water followed by drying in an electric dryer. I managed to such a deal on it, but only size 52 so I figured I'd take the gamble and it paid off big.It's the length...
Thanks for the help, I'll probably use it on a future color that runs out before sales bring it to my level, but looks like this year christmas spread: I was just about to take the chance and get a vest one size up, but then I decided that if corniche is having sales, maybe others followed suit. Sure enough I found a size 52 on sale for even better than Corniche. They didn't have the brown 'leather' I was looking for, but I suspect brown navy will serve my purposes well...
Quick, possibly crazy, question- has anyone ever 'shrunk washed' a mallory vest? I did it with a peaked lapel coat that was just too big, and the results were great? If anyone's done it, could you let me know the results? And other folks, can you think of any reason the results wouldn't work the same for the vest as the jackets?
Thanks for the heads up... Afraid no Christmas for me: I was finally about to pick up a mallory vest in 52. While adding my shipping details my browser froze. Reopened it, and by the time I'd returned to the site, 52 was sold out. So the wait continues...
Mind mentioning who those 'new players' carrying Cabourn are?'
I guess everyone got locked into the fight over wether or not the Everst is worth buying... But does anyone own the short vest, and do they have anything to say about it? I'd especially like to know how it compares to the mallory. Seems like the tweed is a bit thinner, but from the pics it doesn't appear to be significantly shorter or to have a lover neckline
Can anyone comment on the donegal short vest? Is fit comparable to mallory vest? What thickness is the tweed? Has anyone tried it with the mallory jacket? Does it go up high enough to be visible? How do you like it overall?
I like the fit as is. Going down a size would be quite slim, and while I like moderate slim fit (or more correctly, properly tailored garment) some of the more extreme slim fitting sport coats just make people look fat and boyish. Also, I'm of the opinion that if you can't physically move in a sport coat as it was once intended (ride a horse and shoot a rifle) then it doesn't fit properly, and I suspect any tighter and you will have trouble lifting your hand high enough to...
Can anyone who owns the Hunter model (not bounty hunter), ideally the insulated, give a few words review? I've been thinking of ordering a pair for outdoors in the upcoming winter but can't find any opinions on the boot? What temperature ranges do you find them comfortable for? Do you feel the insulation affects sizing, or durability? How do you like them overall?