or Connect

Posts by conak

I think what some people are calling buffalo is water buffalo, which is very different
Heads up to anyone who wears 9.5D in whites... Orvis has the leather soled Boson boots on extra sale. Get the $25 off code from retailmenot and you'll get a pair shipped for $258. I'm normally an E width in my farmer/ranchers and outdoorsman models, but I'm hoping the D width will work with a medium weight sock.
How's the width on those?
Well SOMEONE just took that Cultizm RAF Mallory in 52. Shame I was going to grab it if they added another price drop. Haven't tried the 52 but my Army green mallory in 50 fits well as a slim cut, but a bit snug in the shoulders and the buttons work overtime with a vest underneath. Oh, well, I did get a great deal on a vest from an earlier double drop. I'll wait for next season I guess. I wish they'd redo the medium brown with tan ventile.
next time leave the jacket at home when robbing banks and watch what they put in the bag
I hope that's half chest measurement...unless you're the most stylish 8-year-old alive.
Hey everyone, looks like Cultizm just reduced their sale prices further. I just picked up the last Mallory vest for just over 200 USD
I received the mallory vest in 52 that I got from the Cultizm sale and definitely like the fit. I went for 52 with recommendations based on the fact I have a 50 Mallory, and it seems on target. But I think probably the reason for the mix match is because most of us prefer the jacket with a slightly more slim fit than Nigel Cabourn intended. Anyways, the box arrived very damaged, open, and soaked by water. The vest was UN damaged so I'm not very upset, but there doesn't...
Yeah I used that blog as reference when shrinking an army stripe tweed peak lapel in 52. It actually came out better on me than a 50 (my actual size) because it fixed my usual problem of the sleeves being too long. I'd say I got nearly a full size shrinkage, though I did two 30 minute rounds soaking in very hot water followed by drying in an electric dryer. I managed to such a deal on it, but only size 52 so I figured I'd take the gamble and it paid off big.It's the length...
Thanks for the help, I'll probably use it on a future color that runs out before sales bring it to my level, but looks like this year christmas spread: I was just about to take the chance and get a vest one size up, but then I decided that if corniche is having sales, maybe others followed suit. Sure enough I found a size 52 on sale for even better than Corniche. They didn't have the brown 'leather' I was looking for, but I suspect brown navy will serve my purposes well...