or Connect

Posts by Mr G from SD

I know a lot of StyleForum members talk shit about Hermes ties, but screw that, I love them. I dream of getting stuff like that. Good stuff dude.
Some recent stuff (NA)   Ties:   Loving the Thomas Pink vintage race car tie, new favorite for sure.     It rained J.Crew Ludlows. Got 4 suits and 2 jackets. Already sold 1 jacket   The one on the left has white lining that shows through the thin fabric in pics, the fabric isn't flawed.         Made in Greece fisherman's cap and Ugg leather gloves.   Found some Artioli loafers. Wish they looked better, not a big fan of this style, but pass on...
Capnwes, seeing your thrift fit photo with your wife and dog reminded me of my two best thrift finds, my dogs.   Anyone else thrift their pets? Got both of mine for free from co-workers of my parents who basically didn't want them. They've ended up being awesome companions.   Thrift life forever, dudes. Not just clothes, but pets, cars, down payments on houses, etc.
One of the first college classes I took was a psychology course titled "Human Sexual Behavior." One class our professor brought in a guest speaker who worked at an adult shop in the gay neighborhood of town.   I walked in a few minutes before class started and saw his display table full of sex toys, containing everything from S&M whips and chains to a giant dildo he called "The Dong", which was about the circumference of a body builder's upper arm.    One of the many...
Over on the other side of South Coast Plaza there is a Nordstrom Rack, Marshall's, and a Saks Off 5th. I'm sure you can piece together an outfit within your budget using those three stores. Good luck.
Largest clothing item thrifted? Well here's mine. Sweet Polo RL Jacket, over 35" pit to pit     Youth Jordans for the small foot sneakerheads.     Some decent records for once. Literally been years since I found anything worth buying.     Countach poster for the man cave. Also a NOS Polo tie, with ancient tag from Ross.     Versace ties     Probably my favorite find out of the bunch. This is an old record featuring sounds of classic sports cars....
Good advice, thanks Snoogz. Thanks also for your input, justridiculous.   I choose not to offer returns, which I'm not sure is the best choice, but it's what I've stuck with for the several years I've been selling. I'm happy to work with people if there's an issue, but damn you can't wait a whole month to let me know there's a problem. That's just silly IMO. 
I sold a skeet shirt to a buyer 34 days ago and just now he tries to start a return. He says the shirt looks a different color, which is BS. My photos were fine otherwise I wouldn't have used them.   Isn't that ridiculous? So I have to choose whether to accept the return or not. Can't I just select the "no" option? ...but then he would open a case, right? If ebay was to side with him after he had the shirt for a month that would be insane. 
A couple of years ago my college roommates wanted to go thrifting with me, so I obliged and had them join me on that day's adventure. The first spot we went to, my one roommate went straight to the tie rack and picked up the most hideous tie out of about 50+ choices. He holds it up so I can see it and shouts, "Christian Dior!" It was a terrible polyester Dior Monsieur. Trying not be an asshole, I just said "Oh nice" or something like that. I forgot about it and kept...