or Connect

Posts by Mr G from SD

My jacket! I was wondering where that went....
Those are to be expected. Make sure you keep them with shoe trees when you're not wearing them (looks like you are off to a good start). You should also condition the leather every so often. Without those two the creases can develop into cracks after awhile, but there is really no way to avoid creasing altogether.    Edit: After zooming in on your photo, now I'm assuming you're referring to those small vertical lines on the shoe. I don't know much about that, so you can...
Sheesh, a Zegna suit tagged at $10. I get all giddy when I find anything decent at $20.   Congrats on that, even more so with the coupon.
I don't want to bum anyone out but they fake a lot of that Supreme stuff. I used to wear some Supreme 10+ years ago when I was heavily into skating. The brand has really blown up since then, which has led to fakes being made.   I don't know anything about spotting their fakes, but especially since there were 2 of those jackets...that sounds crazy because the demographic of kids that buy that stuff don't usually just give it away like rich old guys give away their Brioni....
Question: What if I recently thrifted something that is on the list? (I did )   Does that count, or must it be found on the rack in the store and photographed there?   EDIT: Shit now I see the answer to that in the original post. Don't mind me!   Will join in if I can! The hunt is on...
For the sake of posting clothes that we like, here are finds from yesterday.   Talbott Estate shirts. Really nice shirts. I especially like the signed tag, nice touch.        Some vintage ties and a pocket square. Saks tie on the left is wool, which I've been trying to add more wool ties to my stash, so certainly happy about that.       Levi's belt (vintage possibly? made in USA). Thought it was cool.   
It's 3.75", silk/linen. A keeper for my personal stash, no doubt. I would be shocked if I ever find any other Tom Ford, but hey, at least I got one!
But I had dreams of my first Tom Ford find to be a giant rack full of suits at $9.99 each. (Kidding) In all seriousness, I was thrilled. There's a feeling you get when you find something awesome. I'm sure we've all experienced it. Damn I wish that would happen more often.  Thanks for the kind words.
 Must be an effective way of making sure your competition stays clear of you. Ha! Well here's a couple random things: Some skeets. Probably the skeetiest skeet I've seen on the right. A limited edition 100% silk. The blue one is actually quite nice in my opinion.  Finally my first Tom Ford item. Albeit just a tie, it flew under the store's radar and was super cheap. Definitely a keeper.  Marshall's find, BBGF 7 fold. Not 100% sold on the color, but hard to leave behind...
 If you're in Los Angeles (as I saw on your ebay listings) there are plenty of stores for you to check. Simply be ready to leave empty handed, very hit or miss as others have posted already. I would advise skipping Ross, though. Literally every one I've been to sucks. I once found some Edward Greens at Marshalls in LA for under $350. Probably my best Marshall's find. They're worth checking out but I'd save more energy for the thrift stores.