or Connect

Posts by Shaney777

Hey all, I have a few questions. I typically only wear a V-neck sweater over a dress shirt and tie. Chinos and tassel loafers are worn with this. Is there a rule in society that women wear tons of colors to attract the opposite sex and men wear almost no colors to attract the opposite sex? I've read on this forum that one bright color is all that is needed. You know, more than one bright piece of clothing looks bad. Is that right? No matching should happen? Are these...
Hey all, I have a few questions. I typically only wear a V-neck sweater over a dress shirt and tie. Chinos and tassel loafers are worn with this. Is there a rule in society that women wear tons of colors to attract the opposite sex and men wear almost no colors to attract the opposite sex? I've read on this forum that one bright color is all that is needed. You know, more than one bright piece of clothing looks bad. Is that right? No matching should happen? Are these...
Hi all,    I am trying to figure out the official name for a pin that is worn on the collar, but looks the same as a lapel pin. I have searched Google images and haven't found one person with a pin on their collar. It keeps bringing up the long pins that hold the bottom of the collar together. This is not what I want. Are there any pins that are worn on one side of a dress shirt collar? Like say, an anchor pin to be worn on one side of a collar? Is this acceptable to...
Hi all,    I'm new here; I just joined a few minutes ago and need some style advice. I usually wear a solid V-neck sweater on top of a dress shirt and tie, with chinos and tassled loafers with bright socks. My question is this: would it be fine (look good, I guess) to wear the V-neck sweater, dress shirt, and tie combo with cargo/madras shorts? I'm going for a really preppy look (think New England). If so, I would probably be wearing some eccentric Sperry boat shoes...
Hi all,    I'm new here; I just joined about a minute ago. I am looking for some advice on my new style. I recently became obsessed with the Ralph Lauren V-neck sweater over dress shirt with tie and chinos combo. I usually wear very bright ties and sometimes bright dress shirts. I have always worn chinos and tassled loafers with this style. My question is this: could cargo shorts/madras shorts work with the V-neck sweater over dress shirt and tie combo? I have...