or Connect

Posts by MGLL

For those asking about getting bespoke suits made in HK I would direct you to this thread from a while back where I detail my own experience getting my first bespoke.     http://www.styleforum.net/t/329599/first-bespoke-suit-hong-kong-tailors   MGLL
Indeed, and the link removal system is just excellent! I was able to fit the bracelet perfectly with two toothpicks!    Thank you and I know :( ant702, that is excellent advice apart from one small detail... I have already read the whole thread  I did so prior to this purchase and essentially learnt everything I know about watches! Thanks to you guys I already have a grail list about 10 pages long  thank you, I am and shall.  Thank you for the excellent pics you have...
Some of you may remember a little while back I was considering my first 'proper' watch as a reward to myself for finishing my Masters and had the criteria of a ss utility/tool watch that would look good in a suit, as well as casually etc etc I was debating a submariner/SD, Speedy, etc although it was the IWC Ingenieur 322701 that I really had my eye on!    Well...           I am absolutely delighted with it!  I love the heft, exquisite finishing and...
Well, it took me over 2 months but I have finally read the whole thread!  I would just like to say congratulations and thank you on a great read that has taken me from an admirer of watches to a full on WIS!  I have decided to purchase my first "proper" watch and have selected the IWC Ingenieur 3227-01 for its classic looks, Genta heritage, in-house movement, and versatility, as well as it's limited production run.  I am currently in talks with a dealer over purchasing a...
Thank you for your comment!  I agree with you, It's a shame because I did actually ask Peter Lee to take the sleeve length up a tiny bit when they were pretty much perfect before - bit of a newbie mistake.  I will take your advice and get the sleeves lengthened a tiny bit.     regards,    Marco 

My apologies! I snapped a few pictures a while back but they have essentially gone against everything you told me as it is dark and therefore I couldn't use natural light etc etc then completely forgot about posting them!  So please forgive me and I will do my best to get you some good pictures with natural light and when I have not just thrown everything on in a rush.  I didn't even get a chance to snap my navy suit, which, in my opinion, is the better one ;)...
      Thank you both for your comments.  I was thinking along the same lines as you Kaplan and funnily enough came extremely close to purchasing a no-date sub.  A close friend of mine however just got one for his graduation gift and I tried it on but didn't quite fall in love, I decided I was more fond of the SD and that is something I would look to purchase in the future. Saysomething, I have not managed to try it on as I cant bloody find the damn thing :p.  There is one...
Also, I apologise for the late responses.  I am new to this site and as a result all my posts need to be moderated before they are allowed