or Connect

Posts by AmericanGent

I have a friend in Napoli still (he's a Texan as well) who can take you if you ever make it over.  Send me a PM if you should decide to go.  He's had a few suits made already!
Actually I had a shirt made up for my wife and she loves it!  I have a few feet left over so I'll have some linen pocket squares made up at some point! 
No, I tried to sell a piece on here and no one even nibbled.  I didn't bother to bring any back. 
Sorry - I have been moving from Italy to the US and just now have had a moment to relax and check-in.    I have the suit and it fits great.  The hand work is unreal.  The tailor (not the owner of the shop) spent about 70 hours making the jacket- and had the buttons and holes done buy the best button guy in town.  I'll try to post some pictures next time I wear it, but it's like 95 degrees here! 
   It is a matter of personal taste, but I think you have a good enough eye- and your eye is telling you to question the useability of such a shoe.  If that weird wing-tip stuff wasn't under the captoe it would be fine, but as it is...I'd look for a better option.   
Hi DeNomad,Welcome to the forum.  I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, but I'll give you my honest feedback. Do not wear wear this as a sport coat.  Honestly, I would not wear it at all, even as a suit.  Some general rules:- Suit jackets do not work as sport coats (in most cases).- Never button the bottom button of a jacket (or vest).  On a 3 button, the top button may be buttoned or left open. - Black (especially black with shiny stripes) odd jackets will have little to...
Funny! Not much fresh veg either, but pretty good eatin'!  That place had lots of game meat on the menu too.  We did a good job of avoiding the tourist trap places.  It takes a little bit of work- but is always worth it. 
I do not have a "shopping guide" but I have made a pretty nice list of names in Napoli.  The list is mostly tailors and shirt makers, but also tie makers, shoe makers and a few other things of interest.  Let me know before you go and I will send you the file.  I won't be here after mid-March so I won't be able to help you in person, but Ill do what I can from here. 
A few nights in Vienna:           Heading to the gym now. 
A few nights in Prague:   - Pigs ear - Pork roast - Goulash - Mixed pork