or Connect

Posts by Nicholas D C

I actually ended up buying a pair of Loakes as I managed to try a few on at DJs (I ordered from HerringShoes in the UK eventually, however) and the Loakes fit and felt a lot better for my narrower feet than the equivalents I could find in Florsheim's Royal Imperial line. That's not to say the Royal Imperials were shabbily constructed for the price point - the Royal Imperial brogues I saw were only 190 dollars on sale, and were hefty and seemingly well made. I think at...
  Speaking of Florsheim, the other day I was looking for a couple nice shoes for the corporate setting and I was checking out the Imperial/Royal Imperial line. They seem to make some decent brogues but they were very 'oldschool' and probably more suited to H/2E width feet than my narrow ones, so I gave them a pass. However on Styleforum I've noticed a lot of people disparaging the quality of Florsheim as an entry-level welted shoe. Is this objectively the case or are...
  Beautiful photo. Where is this out of interest? Judging by your name I imagine Kent, South East England?
Beaut day for the New Year indeed.   Just pulled the trigger on a couple Loake welts (Knightsbridge and Fox respectively) so I have some reasonable quality shoes to wear with my MJ Bale suits for work (first corporate job, having graduated from uni a few months back). This Christmas period has been a good introductory experience to the sartorial side of things actually - been reading putthison/Styleforum quite a bit to try and get to grips with the basics. Also...