or Connect

Posts by Nicholas D C

I think we've got the Sydney meet venue sorted, don't we? 
  The colour on those Perrys is really nice - I'd just be a tad worried about the large logo getting in the way of the clean, minimal lines of it though, as a whole. I think they'd work really well as a relaxed, casual sneaker to wear with jeans, chinos or cord. pants even. As an aside, after seeing Prof's Landsend purchases, I must admit I was motivated to grab a couple cords for myself, as I saw them working well with suede shoes (when the pants were earthy colours like...
  Just keep in mind the $70 Supergas tend to be canvas, whereas $95 for example (plus about 10 bucks shipping) would net you the leather Kent Wangs. Don't know if you saw the pic from reddit's MFA of various white sneakers that I posted a few pages back (after that kerfuffle about #menswear10commandments) but I found it really helpful in checking out some alternatives to CPs. While the superga AU website is down, you can check out some of the range...
Anyone know of brands/shirtmakers that produce shirts made of similar fabric to Ralph Lauren's 'sueded broadcloth'? I just bought a micro-gingham check shirt in that material today (taking advantage of the Ralph Lauren 60% off sale at Chatswood, Sydney) and it just feels absolutely fantastic to wear. Very comfortable and super-soft. Unfortunately it was the only shirt in the store that had that sort of material. :(
  Nice price to get those CPs at - I've been looking around but only found 'em around $300. Any tips about specific sales at which you can nab 'em around the range you mentioned? Right now I'm looking at settling for the Kent Wang white sneaker, which looks quite decent for the price.   On reddit the other day there was a great lil' sneaker resource pic that ran through some white sneaker alternatives (lol @ Ken Wang mispelling):       And places to buy (US centric...
That coat looks great on you - love how everything works together as well. Deets on brands?
  Thanks, just ordered mine for a reasonable price ($40 inc. delivery) from the UK site. Makes a good coffee table book as well, I think.
  Thanks for the feedback, will try to change up the shirt colours and see if there's something that doesn't 'pop' as much. Perhaps a slightly off-white/creamy shirt would have worked better, as the white shirt worn was almost 'metallic', if that makes sense. But, first things first, will go through some light blues.       Well said. The misguided response to such a simple question (which seemed to reshape the actual content of others' posts) is remarkable. On the other...
  I lol'd.    PSA: Ralph Lauren Chatswood Chase has 60% off certain lines (polos for example, are down to 47 bucks, which ain't bad) and they also stock a decent amount of black label, but only purple label wallets. Herringbone Chatswood Chase still has C&J Penny Loafers half-price.
@LonerMatt: indeed, thoughtful and helpful post. I've been amazed by how brilliantly helpful and thoughtful the Australian members thread participants generally are. Have been lurking for a couple years before I joined and was immediately attracted to the discourse and atmosphere of this thread. However, then there's... @apropos: Yeah, no. I think you need to take a sedative and go back and read my initial post whilst paying attention to tone. In no way was I criticising...