or Connect

Posts by Nicholas D C

Be gentle lads - first WAYWT post in here. Not exactly SW&D but too casual for the CM thread, so here goes.          
Any fit feedback gents? Trying to go for a more relaxed weekend look recently, now that it's colder I can layer a bit more. Phone pics, but better quality than the last attempt... please be gentle.       Mandatory contrived watch-adjustment, lol. Light is a bit better on this one.  
  Yep, that was my concern initially, but I think 42mm should be okay on my wrist, assuming I wear it with a nylon zulu strap. The 'oversize' look would work excellently in the more casual setting I'm envisioning for it. I'm not going to impulse buy as it'd take a few months to get to Aus anyway (ships end of May or something) so in the mean-time I'm going to see if I can try on some similar sized dive watches (with hefty lugs like the prodiver) and figure out if I like...
After the discussion on the watches I linked a few pages back, and with the objective of a sportier weekend watch in mind I went back and did some reading and visited a few watch stores to try on all the usual suspects (Rolex DJ and Sub, Omega Seamaster OP and Pro) but  I ended up short-listing the Stowa Prodiver (shown here w. plain steel bezel and non-orange hand - note, not my picture). I really like this model because it's not a 'hommage' or replica of any...
  That is certainly a lot more similar than the previous models linked - and I can definitely see your point when comparing those two. I did see the Rolex 'inspired' models as well... Food for thought indeed.
  Found this on the IWC website:       From Steinhart:         There is some resemblance here, but I don't think it's to the extent that you're making it out to be. In fact, I'd say they're significantly different, in almost every way aside from font colour. I just don't get the 'trying hard to be something more expensive' argument, but maybe I'm just blind to the minor elements of the watches (v. possible).
  I hope you get it mate! Let us know how it is when it arrives.     I can understand the sentiment here, but I'm not sure it applies to the Nav B Chrono necessarily. Could you link the equivalent/copied/identical IWC? I'd be interested to see it, as the one's I've seen on the website don't look exactly like the Steinhart. I'm considering the IWC Portugese Chrono as well, but am reticent to lay down a large sum on just one watch - I like experimenting with different...
  Thanks mate. How reputable are FragranceX though? That seems like a great price on the 118mL!   I had a look in Harrold's today during the lunch break - the Creed fragrances were on sale, but only very few, and mostly womens I think. They didn't have Green Irish Tweed on sale or in stock, by the looks of it, which made me feel a lot better about my DJs purchase. Also, the Tom Ford private blend stuff was still full price (395 bucks for 100mL) unfortunately.    On an...
Just returning briefly to the tie clip discussion, I ended up going for the Kent Wang in brushed silver - so thanks whoever mentioned his various offerings.    Picked up some Creed GIT from DJs just a couple days ago. Unfortunately didn't know about the Harrolds sale. I might pop by Harrolds during my lunch break tomorrow and see what pricing is like. Better still, does anyone here know? If tempting enough, might have to grab another flask, but this time, Bois du...
Anyone know where something similar to this: http://www.mrporter.com/product/315127 could be found, at hopefully a lesser price? I just can't deal with paying over $400 for a tie clip :3.