or Connect

Posts by FashionDisaster

Schweet! I had put in an order for two pairs of shoes during the $130 sale, based on the then-current stock. I received my black BB Fifth Aves but I never received my walnut BB Strands. I gave it a week thinking that they may have been shipped separately. When I called them last week I was told that the person that had helped me would call me back and then he never did. I called again today to find out the status and found out that there was a mix-up, so they're going to...
Schweet! A couple of days before that fantabulous $130 shoe sale ended I put in an order for two pairs of shoes based on the then-current stock. I only received my pair of black BB Fifth Aves; I did not receive my walnut BB Strands. A week after I received the FAs, I called to find out if those Strands were on the way and I was told that I'd get a call back from the sales person that had helped me. I never did get a call back, so I called back again today and because...
How important is width in a shoe? I stopped by the local Allen Edmonds store today because I wanted to try on a Kenilworth. My width is a C and the sales person mentioned that a size D should suffice. He also mentioned that a C width would have to be custom ordered. I was not able to try on a size 8 D because they did not have any in stock. Also, I thought I read somewhere that I should go down one size for the Kenilworth because of the toe box. Does that sound about...
I can't believe it! I came across some Walnut Daltons in my size tonight at Nordstrom Rack for $170! There was no way I was going to pass on that deal, especially since the Daltons are now my first pair of AE boots/shoes. There were some size 8.5 E  Merlot Park Avenues there as well for $100 (as a used/return item), but they were too big for me so I didn't buy them. My hopes were really high when I saw those PAs after I picked up the Daltons.
As last month, I decided to start paying attention to style and fashion; before that I've always winged any sense of style. I've been reading this thread for the past couple of weeks, getting an idea of what I might like to buy eventually. I really like AE's shoe selection. I stopped by an AE store for the first time today after work to look at the Walnut Strands and to get an idea of what my shoe size is. I found out that I'm an 8.5 D, possibly a C (the sales person...