or Connect

Posts by zxing

So my dumbass cobbler "cleaned" up my 1000 Miles with brown shoe polish without my permission after I took them in to get a half sole.  Now they are this nasty, glossy shade of brown.  The leather exhibits no wear or pull-up whatsoever and looks like it has been painted.  Makes the shoes look like cheap plastic.  Is there any way to remove the shoe polish and restore the original leather patina or am I screwed?
Hello everyone, I'm looking to get a custom wallet made, something along the lines of this but in regular, natural leather.  I was quoted $255 for this from a very skilled and reputable maker, but I see similar wallets, albeit semi-mass produced, from places like Tanner Goods and Corter go for under $100.  Is $255 about what such custom work goes for, or should I pass?
  Hi everyone, I've been looking for a 110cm Swedish army belt everywhere and cannot find one.  If you have one you're willing to sell, please PM me.  Must be 110cm.  Thank you!
I have had my Wolverine 1000 Mile boots for 7 months now.  There seems to be some abnormal creasing on the right boot.  The side creases are much more pronounced and deep on the right boot compared to the left, and the leather seems softer.  The sides of the right boot "sags" more than the sides on the left.  Is this normal, or should I contact the factory?   The first two pictures are of the right boot, while the last two are of the left.        
So my boots arrived last week and they are amazing.  Just a quick question about care.  I have already Sno-Sealed the boots.  Do I need to apply any oil to them, and if so, what kind?  Would Obenauf's leather oil (not LP) be a good choice?
Just got my Wolverines from Crane's a few days ago and they are beautiful, but unfortunately 1/2 size too big so they have to go back.  Will report when the new ones get here...
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, so please be patient with me.  I am looking to buy my first pair of quality boots.  I tried on a very nice looking pair of Frye Phillip work boots today at Nordstrom, and fell in love with the way they look.  Rugged, but very slim and sleek and not too dressy.  Lookswise, they are about perfect.  However, they are the made in Mexico ones, and I have read conflicting reports about outsourced Frye boots.  What is the quality of...
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, so please be patient with me.  I am looking to buy my first pair of quality boots.  I tried on a very nice looking pair of Frye Phillip work boots today at Nordstrom, and fell in love with the way they look.  Rugged, but very slim and sleek and not too dressy.  Lookswise, they are about perfect.  However, they are the made in Mexico ones, and I have read conflicting reports about outsourced Frye boots.  What is the quality of...