or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

With your intention of going full blow in terms of formal attire, and considering the evening reception and the fact that your groomsmen want to wear dinner suits/Tuxedo, I would think the best option for you is to go with the White Tie ensemble/Evening Tailcoat.Word of caution is that most modern evening tailcoat, trousers and white marcella waistcoat are not cut properly. Ideally the trousers should be very high waisted, the tailcoat should have the front cut out just...
I understand the ceremony attire, and you are making the right choice. I guess it will be an all male event and a separate all woman event, with you picking up the bride at some point.However, on the reception attire, sorry but you are confused:The white bow tie attire in your picture is called "White Tie" dress code, and it is the most formal classic menswear attire in current use, and it is not Morning Dress..It is mostly an evening dress-codes, but it is also used,...
There are plenty of tailors well in their 60's that have a consolidated reputation in Naples that are charging around the price range I mentioned.Rubinacci, Attolini, Kiton, Isaia etc are wolrdwide brands, that makes a fair share of their business on RTW items and charge over market price for bespoke.Also, something that I keep wanting to mention, some of these RTW brands (with the exception of Rubinacci Neapolitan workshop), promote the Neapolitan jacket, however the...
Prices in Naples have been part, to a certain degree, in what made Neapolitan bespoke tailors famous all across Italy since the 1950's.Edit: Some details:Machine made bespoke shirts (leaving aside hand details)Naples - around 80-100 Euro (or GBP 61-76) no min order vs London (Emma Willis) £380 ( or Euro 429) with a min order of 3 to 6....Trousers:Naples with hand details inc. fabric from a decent Sartoria (rather then directly to trousermaker to avoid poor customer...
These are bespoke shirts and as such you can choose types of buttons amongst other things. On a Neapolitan hidden placket shirts from another shirtmaker I once requested and got Charvet type of buttons. On my shirts from Lombardi I have selected a button which is slightly wider and thinner than the usual thick Neapolitan ones. The key is that the buttonholes are proportionate to the buttons selected. Finally worth nothing that the reason most Neapolitan shirtmaker...
I am familiar with Tanzania, go there quite often actually. Would it be a church wedding, or just a civil ceremony? Are you originally from there or marrying a local? Their weddings are quite colourful. I admire your intention of wearing a morning suit, but having been there many times, I cannot see you wearing a wool coat and trousers for any lenght of time.I had a sahariana shirts made made up in Irish linen for my last trip there two years ago, and at times, even with...
Hi @bengal-stripeThe first coat has the typical double pick stitch on the lapel and boutonnière as done by the traditional Neapolitan school, which is absent on the second, as well as the gorge and peak shape (the Neapolitan is pointer and even from the angle, you can spot the edge curvature).
It will not look good! You are getting married in the UK right? Then black tie have no place at tradional ceremonies, however do tell us a bit more about the type of ceremony you are planning.I would recommend Morning suit for you and dark business suits for them, Oxford or charcoal grey if at all possible. If they have Oxford grey (almost black) or black jackets already, you may want to rent morning trousers (cashmere stripes) and waistcoat only for them to create what...
I posted the below on my blog today.Karl Heinz Grasser, an Austrian Politician and husband of Fiona Swarovski, the heir of the Swarovski crystal manufacturers, seen below in two different evening tailcoats.The first one exhibit typical Neapolitan handwork, and was most probably made by Sartoria GiannI Volpe (my tailor BTW, although he has not confirmed this to me), of which Mr Grasser has previously confirmed in interviews of being a customer. [[SPOILER]] The second one,...
Yes, I am Italian from Naples but London based.There is not a vocabulary as such, however I can give you a brief quick translation for the most common terms:lapel : risvolti o revers . Peak lapels: revers o risvolti a LanciaButtonhole: AsolaTrousers cuff: risvolti o piega pantaloniIf you have other questions, feel free to ask