or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

Are these pairs from the same dead customer of the JL St James?
Thanks. And by Marigliano in Milan, do you mean Gianni Marigliano or someone else? Which of the Pirozzi? Some young ones as well coming from "modellismo" schools that are often features on "brand ambassadors" (new name for...) blogs, rather then coming from traditional Sartoria apprentershipsWho are the tailors that you currently use?
As you presumably joined this forum to share your experience why don't you share your recommendations for Italian tailors in both Naples, Milan and Florence in this post?
Interesting
I knew you had worked together. You can see him 10 seconds in the video on JL SJ featuring you, him sketching on a last. I thought however that a large part of the shape has been dictated by my high instep...
Sorry, do you mean you recognised the shape of the last being Steve's? I had assumed you were just referring to my thread on Steven Lowe seeing that these last's were instead plastic...
It is a 3D copy of Steve Lowe last, which my shoemaker has had made in Italy and then modified the toe box, so that I now have a soft chiselled and an almond version and get get two pairs of shoes made at the same time.This is a picture of the original Steve's last and the plastic 3D copy before modifying the toe:Edit: Antonio, my shoemaker, has designed both patterns on the plastic copy but the punched captoe balmoral further up will be built on the soft chiselled whilst...
And the pattern draft for my black captoe Oxford shoes on my bespoke last with a modified almond pointed toe box is done:
Honestly never heard of it. Caracciolo is the family name of one of the great aristocratic families of the Kingdom of Naples and I doubt they run a Sartoria, so the name must refer to a location (eg Via Caracciolo peraphs).As discussed with @carpu65 somewhere else on this forum, I consider to be great tailors the ones that comes from the great schools present in Naples in the period from the 1930 to early 1960's like Schiraldi, Blasi, Caggiula etc, and these are the likes...
.I personally use Sartoria Gianni Volpe for suits, jackets and odd trousers but I believe Solito in Naples should be around the same price range.For shirts I now use mostly Antica Camiceria Lombardi for consistency, but order some quirky stuff from Vittoria Fluido as well, and may be trying a new one in April.