or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

Indeed I think both Pirozzi and the shirtmaker do not need GC reviews, however they did gain some customers thanks to this thread. IF GC wants to still gets more items "commissioned" he need to show that more customer will go. You can search some of Pirozzi pre-GC work on the italian forum noveporte. Again, we are seeing examples of a shoulder line that was common in the 1970, but the jacket is not more structured in general that the neapolitan average. Let's not forget...
Check the eylets as they may have something off that is wearing off the laces...
Who told you that Pirozzi is a small tailor BTW? And off course the kick backs are in the order of free clothing or heavely discounted ones. He has/had a blog as well when he was starting up is tie business.... This was evident from day one when he started this and the shirtmaker thread. You think that after all the conning he did on this site would still be posting about his "review" of his tailor, if he did not have at least promised him that each "commission" would be...
I disagree, the tailor is the ONE that should see the little niits, and know how to fix it, during the 2/3 fitting you have. That has been my experience without exception.And also, at least in Naples (as Savile Row tailors will apparently have less interaction as there is separate front room staff), the tailor is the one and only having interaction with the clients, and so, if he has trained and worked for 30-40 years within the best sartoria and making garments for...
I actually think it is very likely having read what he did with bloggers, magazine etc... and also heard some direct stories from people in the industry in Naples.
I think I mentioned this before talking about the Brand "Nicola Blasi":ABLA Fashion For Men was a company and a factory set up by Nicola Blasi (junior), son of Angelo Blasi (senior), great bespoke tailor (Angelo BLAsi=ABLA) and grandson of Nicola Blasi (senior), one of the greatest neapolitan tailors in the cross century period 1800/1900. The brand was created in 1963 and went on until 1990. A predecessor to Kiton, Isaia and Attolini offer now.The real successor to Abla is...
As I said earlier, many tailors have passed by Rubinacci and moved on. Some joined other businesses, and other set up on their own. Let's not forget that Rubinacci himself has mostly recruited head tailors formed by others. Panico was there I believe from 1972 to 1990/91 but I believe he was trained somewhere else (Most tailors at the least in their 50's left school at age 9/10 and joined a Sartoria, probably a good one if they later became master tailors, and in fact...
Indeed since the 1960 there has been a progressive move away from classic meanswear, in Naples like the rest of the world, for the general people on the street. However it depends on where you take your sampling. For instance even in London, if you just walk around the West End (Piccadilly, Soho, Oxford street), you will arguably see examples of Sartorial splendour. Walk around the City (Bank, Moorgate, Liverpool Street) and you will indeed see a majority of well dressed...
Aurelio De Laurentiis, film producer, and current owner of SSC Napoli