or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

Yes, I tried Acqua Di Parma shaving soap -glycerine based (I still have some) but it is greatly overpriced. It is made by the same company that made the original Figaro P.160 but it is not as good as the P.160 (tallow base). The one I have has lost all the original almond scent but it lather beautifully Edit: may I also suggest Cella & Vitos
I used to have 50 or so fragrances but noticed that I started wearing only an handful at most and also that in my conservative work environment strong fragrances were not appropriate, so I gave almost all away and what I use now is AdP Colonia Intensa (current favourite, great staying power) AdP Colonia (for regular workdays) AdP Mediterraneo Acqua di Capri (lovely Neroli undertone, great in the summer or good mood day) AdP Colonia Intensa Oud (a present, very long lasting...
What I am currently using (the Dovo less so aside of side burns) I also have few bars of original vintage Figaro P.160 that I use at times, and others italian soaps and creams as well different post shave creams and balms
I think nowadays, the velvet used in bespoke clothes is almost exclusively cotton velvet, Brisbane Moss and Duca Visconti di Modrone would be my go to places for the best cotton velvet
Single link cuffs are and have been always acceptable with a Tuxedo, Smoking, Dinner suit. If done well, they look better in most cases with a dinner suit than the Double version. A visit to a cloth museum will show you 20,30,40,50 and 60's example of turndown, marcella bibs and single cuffs examples. I have both, albeit the double cuff is my only pleated front (Charvet), and much prefer single cuffs. What is more, a version with attached collar and single link cuffs is...
I have seen and touched in person this suit when he was last put up for auction in London (went unsold). The corduroy waistcoat is by Scholte but included in the set were The Lord of the isles above and two marcella highland waistcoats by Hawes & Curtis.
In terms of merchant/mill offering, both Arsiton and Drapers offer some of Carlo Barbera fabrics in their bunches.Caccioppoli offers Guabello fabrics (Marzotto group) as well as VBC, Loro Piana, Solbiati etc
Sounds strange to me also because Moxon try to compete with Loro Piana at auctions where the highest micron merino wool is sold
This is arguably true, as "sailor pants" in womanswear have been around for a while and can be found in many RTW offering, I am sure you can google the images yourself. It is just a silly idea in bad taste, certainly not Classic Menswear at all
Servillo was in Attolini (as for all the suits, shirts and accessories worn in the movie itself). Sorrentino was in Armani (sigh)