or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

I would start with a general argument that classic menswear per se is stepped in European tradition, and even the often mentioned American Apparel Arts illustration were accompanied by text referring at what was done in London. But let's step back: etiquette books from the early 1900 to 1950's (at least in Europe for the as recent as 1950 part) clearly define wedding dress codes according to importance of place (e.g. City cathedral vs village parish church) and social...
Yes, not everyone can adhere to the highest level of formality, and that is fine, and yes we know that is common in USA for getting married in churches in black tie, but we owe it to the name of this sub-forum ( Classic Menswear) to dispense proper advice so the the reader can dress and look better then the average Man. Black tie may have replaced white tie In USA for what where once SOCIAL evening/dinner occasions, but have no place for traditionally formal occasion such...
Mr Daniel, I am not 100% sure you are addressing my post, however White tie, was and still is used in formal morning events, such as Wedding in northern Europe (Scandinavian country) and when meeting the Pope (with a black waistcoat). In any case, my post had few ifs, and I was trying to address the location issue, for instance, a traditional Christian church wedding, demand the highest formality that the wedding couple can adhere to, and whilst the "social event Black...
I think that the location as well as the time of the ceremony is equally important, as I said before. If it is in a church, then no matter the time, one should not wear a dinner suit (tuxedo), as it is simply not appropriate. Forgetting those online guides for a moment, if one seek to read the proper etiquette books from early 1900 to 1960 (at least in Europe for the later part), great emphasis is given to the type of wedding, then location then time of the ceremony. As a...
I have met Panico in person, as reported in my Naples report a while back, and I can assure you he is a true elegant man, both on the his outside appearance, and more importantly his inside, with modes, language and flairs of gentlemen past. Before talking about him people should know what they are talking about.
For the sake of not creating another false myth, there is a distinction between the traditional home base bespoke shirtmaking Neapolitan tradition and RTW maker seeking to make a shirt made in Naples. I can assure the readers that The traditional bespoke maker would do many "ricami" or hand details, often because they did not have the tools (read hand felling foot on a sewing machine) to do otherwise, as explained in my post dedicated on Neapolitan shirts, and that I have...
I have heard before that wider width fabrics (instead of the single width only Bonfanti and Riva offers in Italy at the moment, produced on the much talked about old looms) were outsourced by Bonfanti to other mills, with Sic Tess mentioned as a possible one (new quality looms) so the way around May be the most likely scenario. So 90 cm width produced and sold by Bonfanti. 150 cm width produced by third party for Bonfanti
Indeed. I have much more expensive silver tip badgers (with relative stand) but are of the home user/short type, and I much prefer the length of this Omega for how easy he creates leather with hard soaps like the P.160.
As starter brush I would suggest this: http://m.ebay.com/itm/150974052501 And hard cream/soft soap http://m.ebay.com/itm/281179217298?nav=SEARCH And possibly a good shaving oil or pre-shave cream Canned foam do not offer enough protection for a DE/straight razor IMHO
I have other consumer brushes with stands, but that is an Omega 48 pro, to tall for available brush stands, the brush is quite old but is kept as new. The important think is to ensure the bristle dry, and I do that before putting it back into the jug. The razors are kept somewhere else , in sleeves, only there for the picture.