or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

Evidence was posted about Gianni behaviour with tailors and shoemakers, but removed by the poster not to damage the third party I guess. GC was not Pirozzi client before this internet campaign and his blog, so there was no favour to a friend as you put it. The thread not having much traction does not matter once one or two people have already ordered (early on in the thread). As he kept asking the tailor for free CMT, he is assuring him that he will be posting it as...
You are being oversold... The picture that indianboys reposted of you is very explicit to my eyes: Gennaro pointing exactly something on your shoulder, and Mariano accondiscending expression: he may have said to you in English " I just told Gennaro about this..." And you thinking "wahoo, without Mariano this would have been missed", "other than the translation service, this is really worth paying my jacket three times more then anywhere else in Naples, even from tailors...
@mafoofan Chris is obviously getting the point, because he actually is a tailor.You are the perfect customer for a Luxury product: you know best because you have been told why it is worth 10 more then a similar product by the salesman. Never mind having people in the inside, working or having worked there telling you otherwise....
Matt, I disagree that the friend can see things your tailor can miss. If the tailor miss even small issues with the garment he has cut and has overseen being built, then you have a problem with the tailor. I guess you fantasize too much in what Mariano and Gennaro were saying in Italian between them two while conducting your fitting. Mariano may have commented about "rippling" here, "thight there", whilst Gennaro had probably already chalk marked twice as much stuff...
Indeed I think both Pirozzi and the shirtmaker do not need GC reviews, however they did gain some customers thanks to this thread. IF GC wants to still gets more items "commissioned" he need to show that more customer will go. You can search some of Pirozzi pre-GC work on the italian forum noveporte. Again, we are seeing examples of a shoulder line that was common in the 1970, but the jacket is not more structured in general that the neapolitan average. Let's not forget...
Check the eylets as they may have something off that is wearing off the laces...
Who told you that Pirozzi is a small tailor BTW? And off course the kick backs are in the order of free clothing or heavely discounted ones. He has/had a blog as well when he was starting up is tie business.... This was evident from day one when he started this and the shirtmaker thread. You think that after all the conning he did on this site would still be posting about his "review" of his tailor, if he did not have at least promised him that each "commission" would be...
I disagree, the tailor is the ONE that should see the little niits, and know how to fix it, during the 2/3 fitting you have. That has been my experience without exception.And also, at least in Naples (as Savile Row tailors will apparently have less interaction as there is separate front room staff), the tailor is the one and only having interaction with the clients, and so, if he has trained and worked for 30-40 years within the best sartoria and making garments for...
I actually think it is very likely having read what he did with bloggers, magazine etc... and also heard some direct stories from people in the industry in Naples.
I think I mentioned this before talking about the Brand "Nicola Blasi":ABLA Fashion For Men was a company and a factory set up by Nicola Blasi (junior), son of Angelo Blasi (senior), great bespoke tailor (Angelo BLAsi=ABLA) and grandson of Nicola Blasi (senior), one of the greatest neapolitan tailors in the cross century period 1800/1900. The brand was created in 1963 and went on until 1990. A predecessor to Kiton, Isaia and Attolini offer now.The real successor to Abla is...