or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

Again this is a response given by someone with the narrowest of the experience but believing otherwise . I already explained this to Matt in response to his first statement, and he did not have a counter argument: it depend from your sampling! Pure and simple! The majority of New Yorker, Londoners, Parisian or any other City dress like shit. Take your sampling in the professional works of each city and then you can compare. The core clients for the tailoring industry in...
I am sure you know by now that a tailoring house has many jobs and starting as an apprentice there will get you nowhere close to a pattern. So he was an apprentice tailor (in the loose English term of someone that can stitch) if anything. I concede that having studied costume design, and with a keen eye for garment building, he could have had a great insight in those operations, but was not thanks to this that he ended up in a bigger job as designer as you put itRe-read...
and I was explaining he did not start in "cutting" (unless he means cutting threads) and that was a bad example
Apprentice at a tailoring house does not mean at all that was an apprentice cutter, so it is you that should learn more. (As well as reading in between the lines of marketing materials)
No I am not, he chose the wrong example. The guy was study at a London Design school which is a stone throw away from Savile Row. He briefly worked as apprentice in a tailoring house as he could have done anything else, How was the same professional road?
Apprentice cutter? He was barely putting stitches. Come on.... He was a good experience to put on the marketing campaign when he first launched his menswear suit collection (I bought two, in London, my first RTW suits- made in Italy either by Caruso or one of the Neapolitan factories).
Except that Alexander McQueen was never a cutter but barely and apprentice
You guys know that after cutting one size pattern, in RTW you follow simple parameters to go up and down in sizes? Whilst a bespoke cutter would have to transfer measures he takes of each individual into one off patterns? There is often talks about paper patterns at tailors etc, and how often the pattern is adjusted. Neapolitan Tailors draft the pattern by hand directly onto the fabric. Only when specifically asked for (e.g. a foreign customer that wants to order...
There were people on this and other english speaking forums over the years that used other Neapolitan tailors and talked about a long list. Carpu who is a member here and many other forums has often spoken about other names. Without any biased influence you could go and research the subject and images without the need of this sort of thread. Once again, you and some others are argueing that without evidence you do not believe that GC get free stuff... I am telling you...
I appreciate your counter arguments but there was already enough cover of Neapolitan tailors and their price competitiveness before on the interweb, if you wanted to search. I keep promising myself to do a long write up on Neapolitan tailoring and how misinterpreted the situation is on this and other forum. In a nut shell: -Neapolitan tailoring has been famous within Italy since the unification of Italy (1860) and by the end of the century, names like sartoria Caggiula...