or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

I am not following them anymore as I use other shirtmakers but from what I have read on Permanent Style recently they seems to have a collaboration with him or at least he publish info of each visit
I have both and have used both for some time, and Hanro have lasted much better whilst zimmerli have soon lost the shape with the side seams shifting all over the place, whilst the hanro are still as new after a couple of years wearing.
I know it is almost 12 oz, but worsted flannel do not work ver well at lighter weights...From the Worsted & Woollen flannels bunch F392/11
A bit like this: Vintage- Made in England Modern Reproduction- Made in Italy
Then it was not the case in Italy. It was called "Opificio Militare", a military controlled organization, and there were several in the major italian cities. The central one still exist in Rome and is responsible for the designs of current uniforms as well as authorise and certified industrial producers and tailors that offer made to measure.
I just thought he was a troll. Any knowledge of the "designer" movement would tell you that it is a pretty new movement (just google the brands you are thinking about...- and do not get confused if Zegna already existed, it was just a mill). In any case, the video refers to ministerial controlled company in charge of producing those uniforms. It was nice to see those Necchi sewing machines, that can still be found in some shirtmaking operations.
To each is own, and as you know each skin/beard type take each shaving set up in its own way. ADP is about £37 RRP in UK, and aside of the scent (which I do not care for as I use the colonias anyway) it is greatly overpriced. The original P.160 is on a league of his own, but sadly they decided to stop producing it.
I think it is a general plea to proper dress watches rather then the huge ones seen today, comparing it with a poorly fitting tux. I am going to a business meeting and I am wearing one such a watch (lemania 1863 mov)
It looks like Jean Paul Gaultier's sailor pants version at least would stay up when taking a p... as it has a separate waistband
Cross posted from my blog: I have just photographed this today whilst visiting Gianni Volpe at his Sartoria for a first basted fitting on my two new suits: Midnight blue DB dinner jacket (part of a suit) with grosgrain lapels, being made ready for a client fitting