or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

I think you are tangling it even more. We are not talking about British Law or bans on dress.We are talking about reference rules for formal men dress code. Since the birth of etiquette in Rinascimental Italy we have had a set of rules / reference of good manner and dress code to use in presence of others, for formal gathering/meeting and events and other important times in one life. The evolution of dress codes and society over the centuries also resulted in updating to...
Yes, as my initial response was to address a negative comment to White Tie being worn at a morning event (PhD ceremony) in Amsterdam...(Edit to add: also to clarify, the internet myth I am addressing is that White tie is ONLY appropriate for parting and evening formal event. Is the ONLY part that is a myth as the definition of Full Dress and my further explanation below demonstrate, but obviously I do agree that it is indeed appropriate dress code for evening formal...
Not to go too much off topic on this thread, I have added a blog entry to help burst this other internet myth about how Full Dress /White Tie not appropriate for morning formal events and/or Weddings http://gentleman-napoletano.tumblr.com/post/146326166651/white-tie-or-full-dress-wedding-attire-a-recent
Thanks for the correction, as English is not my first language.However, it does not change the fact that White Tie is not Dinner/Festive clothing only as Black Tie definitely is, (and for this Black tie should not have a place at actual Wedding Ceremonies I may add) and this is a wider shared view across many Old World (read Europe) countries other then the UK.
Thanks for the info
White tie is the utmost formalwear for men. The so called evening tailcoat is equally known as dress coat and has been used for mornings most formal events since its birth. It is the prescribed dress code for formal "private" meeting with the Pope (Pope Francis seems to have relaxed etiquette as so far noone has worn it since his election), but with a black waistcoat. It is still also worn in morning weddings in Sweden and was worn in Italian aristocratic weddings until...
Thanks for the feedback on your direct experience. Did they make for you their famous "reverse" collar? It is basically made so that the edges of the collar puff up on the facing sides.Also, who are/were your comparable in Naples?
I think you meant Satriano 5.In any case, actually the biggest difference with France and England, is that Italian bespoke shirtmakers have virtually no minimum orders. I said virtually, as it is unheard of but maybe someone will find an exception to this.On a separate note from the above quote, I can second to what Unbel said about Naples and I can personally confirm about Luciano Lombardi as he is my main shirtmaker.In Rome you may also want to investigate the Sabatini...
Hi Aristoi,Thanks.Re. Waistband : I do not think is traditional at all. I just wanted to try this configuration for these specific trousers. I will use them this summer, without a jacket, so wanted to add some visual interest to them.I may however opt for future wool and/or suit trousers cut the same way.With regards to cloth, yes he has direct access to a wide range of cloths, and has an account with Harrisons of Edinburgh but only has selected books on site as he sell...
Royal Ascot 2016