or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

From their Instagram feed, today: [[SPOILER]] What is the deal with the closure design?
I think anything above 1200 GBP for RTW is a waste of money. Close to £3000 you can get a perfectly fitting bespoke suit. Cad & the Dandy can be an initial option, with travelling Italian tailors a notch above in prices and off the Row and some on the Row as you go up in budget.
I am also planning a pea coat within next two year but will stick with proper "Pilot" cloth for it, as well as a true oiginal design with both chest vertical pockets and hip pockets.(Pictures are available of vintage examples being worn by navy personnel around WW2)The G&H designs for Crompton are too much like a short Great coat , which I would not call Pea Coat at all.
Actually they do not need to wear the white tie unless they are also wearing tail.It will perfectly fine and acceptable for the groom to be in evening tail and the groomsmen in full Tuxedo/dinner suit with black bow ties. I am pretty sure you will be the only ones in formal and semi formal evening dresses that there will be no doubt about who is in the wedding party.Edit: in terms of Dinner suit suggestions, all the below examples are from Ede & Ravenscroft, and are good...
That is what I thought and when I brought over the samples to my shoemaker, he pretty much thought that it had a finish on it. I believe I have seen what @ntempleman did with antiquing it (half brogue oxfords, right?) and it came out great but curious on the longevity of such a finish. What did you use to strip the finish ?
Thanks very much.It was meant to read "synthetic ", dammed t9...Will surely check out your shoes examples .
Agreed with all Raggedy said above. In terms of ideal look/fit, this should be your inspiration:
@bengal-stripe @ntempleman @DWFII thanks very much for your input. Nicholas, I would agree that the Vocalou looks great, but was not sure about the dying properties. Would you say that if I take the lightest of the Browns I can then obtain various darker shades, including a brown/green shade? The problem is that unless I get to use the whole skin, self supplying the leather becomes an economic challange. Also, the old stock baby calf patent you are referring to at the...
As I am thinking about the pro & cons of supplying my chosen leather to my shoemaker (makes shoes in his spare time and only access to stock supplied to the factories where he work in the morning), I would like to get yourvfeedback on the following: What are the drawbacks of choosing a chrome tanned with wax burnishable finish leather (like Annonay’s VEGANO BURNISHING CALF) to be hand-coloured to the desired shade vs. using a virtually finished product (like Annonay’s...
Thanks, will check them out.Still curious about what the west end firms uses.