or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

The uppers have been stitched up. Ready for lasting:
Here is my entry. The target is a burgundy/prune quarter brogue Oxford to try my lasts and make any relevant adjustments. Progress are slow as my Mistery Shoemaker is doing this in his spare time out of his main job. The last were made by Crispinians in London: Now the Neapolitan MS is slowly making progress: If everything goes to plan I have about 9 pairs of classical variation of RTW shoes that will slowly by replaced to finally avoid the 3-4cm V gap I have so...
over a year ago, you can buy fried calzone now in its place
Hi Yasu,Not this time. IT was just an impulse buy. I have also two three piece suits and a sport jacket with him that I am still due to attend a first fitting but I am at my heaviest in 10 years and want to shed some weight before I finalise these.I have another two suit length, several sport jackets and flannel trousers unfounded that will also find their way to the tailor once I am back in shape....
In Naples for the weekend. Borrelli's shop in via Fialangieri looks to be in liquidation with an "everything must go" sign and 80% on goods in the windows. Argenio has also a special sale on everything in the shop, but they are not closing. Worth checking them out if passing by Naples as they have jacket cuts at 40 to 70% off. I picked up a cut of this Scabal Shetland in dark blue:
None of the formal books for either Smith nor lesser have been uploaded...
As I said, you need to enquire with each factory you may have access to. Someone on this forum reported doing that with Alfred Sargent a while ago.
I am referring to the Naples area were there are several factories making shoes for designer Italian brands as well as French groups. You would need to discuss it with each factory as they would not want to advertise this service.The problem is not using the last by itself, but modifing the pattern and cut it on a one off basis.I have gone with an home based shoemaker from Naples, soon will post some pictures
Dore Dore, Gallo and Sozzi
Munky, this is a thread about Loake, where discussions about how they compare to other makers and/or what other do better or worst have always been part of it (I was one of the early contributor to this thread)...