or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

Some recent pictures from my Instagram: Longines Hour Angle with L989.2 Breitling Callisto Chrono with Caliber B11 (Lemania 1873) Omega Constellation 1975 plus accessories
I would add the old Austria-Hungarian and French world to the acceptance of Oxford grey (an almost black shade) and odd waistcoat with a formal black or Oxford "lounge" jacket, cashmere stripes etc...Butler, do you consider yourself as the world upmost expert?What reference/historical research can you put on the table?You first say that the Italian mezzo tight was "not a stroller", so the "stroller" is not a "stressman" or whatever else they call it in France, and now that...
I do not know where you get this "truths". The word for stroller/stressman is mezzo tight (or tait) in Italian. You may be referring to a quick google search that bring back RTW ceremony options, mostly showing "d'orsay" type coats. Better examples (first from a sartoria=bespoke):Also Oxford grey is an accepted colour for morning coat and stroller in most countries
Not true in all parts of the world, certainly not in Italy where again the "mezzo tight" is still worn at weddings and judging for the following example, even in USA not too long ago (wedding of president Harry Truman's daughter):
The d'orsay have a plain front (usually not Seams) and a back waist seam with a short skirt built like regular tails.The true paletot overcoat has a similar approach (plain front), albeit the back is built fully as a body coat (princess seam, waist and tails). Anyway, let's keep on track. I think, aside of the colour, a coat cut like this (extreme cutaway front like a d'orsay) becomes of a one off use, whilst a properly built "mezzo tight" can be used again. Mine can be...
I actually think the above is a (bad) example of what is known somewhere as "d'orsay coat", an hybrid morning/lounge coat, with cutaway front, but short, body coat construction, back as well as often having side pockets...Some examples:
I am saying that the TV has influenced people in Europe that until recently would not ever wanted to wear a tax in church for example....In any case, whilst I really like those Esquire I am a bit doubtful that there were people wearing Tuxes at ceremonies rather than receptions, actual pictures would be great.
Depending of which part of the word you are from. A "mezzo tight" is still quite common for Italian wedding, albeit recently you can see more shining fabrics. In Vienna they do mattinee where the "stroller" is actually the proper dress code. I like the definition of 90% black for Oxford grey. I got married in one and only when seen against proper black most people would recognise it as grey, however it often takes the light much better and therefore details shows better...
No, closed down. Last I heard he was in Russia. He made great shirts but not a great businessman
To be precise dinner jackets should never be worn at the wedding ceremony itself. This is an American trends that due to tv shows influences is unfortunately becoming more common in Europe as well.