or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

I have not had to contacted them but I know that the daughter that was more involved with email has been on Maternity leave. Have you tried their Instagram account?
Can't wait for these to be ready. I should collect them in mid October
However I would not classify them in the quintessential dress shoes category
Yes indeed I have bought few times directly from Brisbane Moss, but I am based in England and I always explained that I needed it for CMT. I have both Corduroy and cotton drills from them, and IMO have an unbeatable price/quality ratio. It was a while ago (I still have a lenght to be made up) but prices were around £10 per meter...My only comment would be about colour fastness on the red one, but that may have been the "wet" Eco dry cleaning I used for a while.The below is...
Interesting, I would have thoughts European royalty and international diplomat would have people in their team that follow the continue evolution of etiquette and diplomacy, at both local and international level, like http://www.diplomacy.edu/courses/ProtocolIn Italy for example the subject of "Galateo" or "Bon ton" is still very much an important subject in middle and upper class. Young girl approaching marriage age, were very often given modern version of "Galateo", like...
Re Debrett: Yes, because it is a fairly recent version, and once against describe white tie as evening formal wear, nothing wrong with that. It does not clearly explain the definition of full dress, does it? It does however not describe Black Tie as suitable for wedding ceremony, which is good !!!I do not know how many times I can say and show pictures of this, but white tie is Full Dress and as such appropriate in the most important formal ceremonies around the old world,...
I never said it was not the most formal accepted evening dress, but again, it is a Full Dress ....
There are various level of formality, but black tie, as semi formal evening wear, was simply not intended for ceremonies (a dinner gala at Buckingham Palace is not a ceremony. A wedding, an investiture, Nobel price, Accademias, etc are ceremony, hopefully you can buy this distinction.Unfortunately the Debrett online guide seems to have been influenced by the modern trend, which is creeping in Europe as well, mind you, via Holliwood and US TV series, showing black tie...
I think you are tangling it even more. We are not talking about British Law or bans on dress.We are talking about reference rules for formal men dress code. Since the birth of etiquette in Rinascimental Italy we have had a set of rules / reference of good manner and dress code to use in presence of others, for formal gathering/meeting and events and other important times in one life. The evolution of dress codes and society over the centuries also resulted in updating to...
Yes, as my initial response was to address a negative comment to White Tie being worn at a morning event (PhD ceremony) in Amsterdam...(Edit to add: also to clarify, the internet myth I am addressing is that White tie is ONLY appropriate for parting and evening formal event. Is the ONLY part that is a myth as the definition of Full Dress and my further explanation below demonstrate, but obviously I do agree that it is indeed appropriate dress code for evening formal...