Posts by marcodalondra

Thanks
I can highly recommend Brisbane Moss Cotton drill. I have three "bespoke chinos" made out of it and one more length to be made out later, and I am extremely happy. The last one I had made can be seen here https://instagram.com/p/BGeY339iMUT/
General question: Could you guys remind me of what fabrics are best suited for traditional odd winter waistcoats? I am thinking doeskin and tattersall. Any other? Thanks
It is ok, is a small chain with 2 outlet in the city and one in Milan (Esterina Sorbillo). One of the partner goes often on Food Shows on TV
Please note Cilento had changed Location. Another option for shirting would be Esposito which is located no far from Sartoria Volpe/Caccioppoli.Argenio is missing from your list which is probably worth a pit stop as they may have something interesting. I also often stop at the Gallo (socks) boutique near Piazza Dei Martiri.In terms of RTW footware, Campanile used to be a good option but after they went burst and reopened under different management, the product is not the...
Wrong person to ask in terms of gimmicks like button cuffs etc.What I do normally get on beltless trousers, are side tabs and half split back (I posted pictures before). Whilst I like button fly, i now do not always get them, so for odd trousers I may go with zip and for suit trousers with a button fly.
Yes, they call the Muslim trial shirt "telino", which most often then not, as discussed in the past in my thread on Neapolitan shirtmakers, is simply a shirt made with odd, tacky shirting.... Vittoria Fluido was actually the only one I have personally seen using a proper Muslin fabric for the trial shirt.With regards to unfused collar, I think the benchmark for anyone looking to have one made, should be Charvet, which does a thick, rigid, unfused collar, that does not go...
Must see if only for a few days in Naples:- Cappella Sansevero with his Veiled Christ (a BBC recent program mentioned as a reason by itself to visit Naples)- San Lorenzo church and the access to the Roman/Greek ruins under the church complex-Pio Monte della Misericordia Chapel with a unique CaravaggioBest Espresso in the City: Bar Mexico in Piazza DanteBest location for a coffee GambrinusBookshops in the near Via Port'AlbaPastry shops:Pintauro on Via toledo for the...
I have generally been ordering all my bespoke jacket, trousers, waistcoats and suit from Volpe, however when I started reordering stuff in close visits to Naples, on a couple of occasion I could not meet Mr Volpe as he was on trunk shows to either Milan or Rome. Therefore once I was measured directly by Cerrato at Volpe sartoria and also done the first fitting, but then finalise the fitting with Volpe on a later visit. And other times I went directly to Mola and documented...
I think in the Lesser formal book there is a 10 oz all wool barathea, black