or Connect

Posts by marcodalondra

I am having this made up to replace an old pair, balmoral shoes (not just what we call Oxford in Europe, but proper balmoral with the vamp extending all the way to the back. I am hoping to pick them up next weekend yo be worn with s morning suit at Royal Ascot
Thanks Aristoi, the lasts are by Steven Lowe (ex JLSJ) @ Cispinians Ltd
And the second pairs, plain captoe Oxford, about to be lasted
I am planning to post the finished shoes here, so in the main time a preview of my near future entry:
Received an update by my shoemaker as he finished lasting one of the two pairs in the work for me, the diamond punched captoe balmoral oxfords in Weinheimer box calf model I posted drawings and patterns before:
The most evident feature is the front dart running all the way to the hem of the jacket and a short under arm dart running at an angle to the pocket. Less evident to the untrained eye is the collar height and the way it hugs the wearer neck.I have no experience with Edesim and if it was not for the numerous "brand ambassador" / "bloggers" featuring him, I would never have heard of him, so I note that he is playing that game very well.Having seen some of his work on the net...
I do not think the two are comparable as any real Neapolitan bespoke maker is to a factory operation. The pattern and construction are so different that cannot see how you are even considering comparing the two.
I have covered this on my blog a while ago:http://gentleman-napoletano.tumblr.com/post/72984629431/internet-myth-buster-where-are-marinella-ties
I think they are talking about Paul Wilson, shoemaker and manager at John Lobb shop on Madison Avenue, NYC
My tailor posted this on Instagram today, apparently for an upcoming Neapolitan groom. Glad to see some still uphold the tradition.