Posts by marcodalondra

I see you are looking for recommendation for gelato in the other thread. Two clear favourite: Bilancione on Via Posillipo and Fantasia Gelati in Piazza Vanvitelli. When I was a teenager I used to like Remy Gelo in mergellina who did cold Limoncello and Lemon Pastry cream filled Baba.... as well as nice ice creams. La Scimmia n Piazza Carità was also historically good but the last few times I have been (with three young kids you get to ice cream places every time you are...
Actually Magnifique, Argenio and Cilento do have some options, good shout.Attolini, although a fairly recent opening (last 6-7 years), is one of the few that tried to open an RTW tailoring shop in Naples in the last decade (Borrelli being the other one). Rubinacci has always sold RTW but the Value of it .... There are shops around the city selling high end international brands and the odd local brands, I know some in the Vomero area
A lot of those brands are not available in Naples. The last shop that had sartorial menswear of any note was Blasi but it shut in the 90's. Brands like Kiton, Barba, Partenopea do not even have shops in Naples. The CEO of Barba in an interview to an Italian paper stated that they never targeted the Neapolitan Market as there is still a strong tradition to have garments made by artisans, translated: they would not pay for RTW tailored clothing when they can bespoke for...
When is hot outside and you are inside air conditioned building, a light suit is more then enough. It is 14 Celsius currently in London, will be 16 later. The AC is set at 18 and I am wearing just a shirt inside... I have been in Dubai quite a few times. Winter and summer and even inside air conditioned sites, I was wearing either a shirt or a polo. Suggesting that you can wear 16 oz and Tweeds, or even 13 oz, is laughable in my opinion.
100% mohair in my opinion is not an everyday suit. The jacket is fine by the trousers do not stretch, and is not very comfortable sitting at your desk. I would not recommend it. Back to Alan, it is better to be confused on these fabrics then buying Tweeds and 16oz suiting to be worn in Dubai
If I was living/working in Dubai, I would order mostly stuff from H Lesser 8-9 oz book I have a wedding to attend in Apulia in July, late afternoon , I was planning to wear a 10 oz H lesser S120 with Cashmere and I am wondering if it may be too hot...
My take on this is to order when you are at your biggest and this will ensure your cloth will fit either way. Shirts and tailored clothing should not fit you thight to the body like a stretching t-shirt. There is no way a tailor can second guess the fit for a growing mass of muscle. Overall anyway, it is advisable to order bespoke when you can stabilise your fluctuation (I struggle myself since my ACL injury years ago).
Shoulder, chest and upper arms could have been cut/shaped better to accommodate a larger Phisique.
You are probably right that what you see is the result of a leather toe puff that has not been levelled to the last or could be that it has folded slightly during lasting or something.However, when you compare it to other RTW shoes you have mentioned, I pretty sure that the majority of brand you mentioned, if not all, use industrial Celastic for both toe puff and heel stiffners, not leather pieces skewed/rasped to shape.In any case, I would discuss it with the maker to see...
Thanks