or Connect

Posts by stgrim

Hey Guys,   Does Vass calf stretch much? I have a double monk vass in 41,5 in f last and it fits perfect, have another brouge wingtip on the u last in 42 and it squeezes my little toe! Should I resell it or hope for the best after break in?
I have a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile Courtland Top Stitch Boot made with Horween Chromexcel leather in Brown for sale. These were bought as firsts from an authorized Wolverine 1000 Mile retailer. Size listed as US 8.5D, fits US 9E and US 9.5D. I am a brannock device US 9D and it is slightly too large for me, hence the sale. Outsole measures 12 1/8" at its longest and 4 1/4" at its widest but boot has generous instep.   Boots are used but in very good condition, rubber...
I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Townley Perforated Captoe made from Cordovan Leather in Brown for sale. On the 1-last. These were bought as firsts from an Allen Edmonds retail store. Size listed as US 9D, likely to fit US 8.5E and US 9C. I am a brannock device US 9D but my right feet is more like a US9E, hence the sale. Outsole measures 11 7/8" at its longest and 4 1/8" at its widest.   Shoes are used but in very good condition, double sole from John Rendenbach has been...
I have a pair of Alfred Sargent for Neiman Marcus Captoe Suede Boot in Tobacco Brown for sale. Insole writes Neiman Marcus but fellow forumers have confirmed that the maker's marks are of Alfred Sargent's. Size listed as US 9.5, fits US 8.5D and US 9C. I am a brannock device US 9D and it is slightly too small for me, hence the sale. Outsole measures 12" at its longest and 4 1/8" at its widest.   Boots are used but in very good condition, dainite sole is barely worn in...
I have a pair of Crockett & Jones Double Monks, model name "Lowndes" in Medium Brown for sale. Size listed as UK 8, fits US 8.5D and US 9C. I am a brannock device US 9D and it is slightly too small for me, hence the sale. Might work for you if you are between US 9C and US 9D. Outsole measures 12 1/8" at its longest and 4 1/4" at its widest.   Shoes are used but in very good condition, sole is barely worn in and heel counter looks brand new. See pictures to believe! I...
I have a pair of Joseph Cheaney and Sons Double Monks in Medium Brown for sale. Size listed as UK 8, fits US 8.5D and US 9C. I am a brannock device US 9D and it is slightly too small for me, hence the sale. Outsole measures 12" at its longest and 4 1/8" at its widest.   Shoes are used but in very good condition, sole is barely worn in and heel counter looks brand new. See pictures to believe! I gave them a once over with Saphir Renovateur shoe care balm and 1 coat...
 Thanks for the headsup!
Looking for an Ion Cardigan or sweater in Medium, any color but oxblood/Bordeaux. Anyone see any around lately? Don't think the ions are feature in the F/W 14 collection right?
Dear Gents,   I am considering to purchase a brand new IWC portofino or portugese, could anyone recommend any reliable dealers in the US who ship and would give a decent discount of list prices? Thank you.
Dear Gents, How do you feel about getting a third party to topy your Vass Shoe? Does it throw the shoe off balance? Did you add just the forefoot or the heel as well? The local cobbler I have access to uses heel taps of exceedingly poor quality but does topy soles to a high standard. Only wanted to add metal taps to the front tip but seeing the quality of the materials they use poses this question.