or Connect

Posts by stgrim

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers Elgin made from Horween Dublin Leather in a waxy Cognac color for sale. On the 5-65 last. These were bought as factory seconds from an Allen Edmonds factory store. Made for Brooks Brothers models feature a poron insole which is extremely comfortable but takes up more space than a standard insole and thus alters the fit than you would expect from the 5-65 last. Size listed as US 9D, likely to fit true US 9D and US 8.5...
I have a pair of Allen Edmonds for Brooks Brothers Elgin made from Horween Dublin Leather in a waxy Cognac color for sale. On the 5-65 last. These were bought as factory seconds from an Allen Edmonds factory store. Made for Brooks Brothers models feature a poron insole which is extremely comfortable but takes up more space than a standard insole and thus alters the fit than you would expect from the 5-65 last. Size listed as US 9D, likely to fit true US 9D and US 8.5...
If I am 8.5UK in a country style Rui Last derby shortwing, what size would I be in an Olfie and Hiro? I guess 9UK?
I have a pair of Rancourt for Eastland Made in Maine Seneca Camp Moc Chukka Boot with Gum Soles in Burgundy (more like Plum) Horween Cavalier leather for sale. Size listed as US 9D, fits a little large, suitable for US 9.5D due to natural stretch of Cavalier leather. Outsole measures 11 1/4" at its longest and 3 7/8" at its widest. Outsole length seems a little short for a US 9D, but that's because toe box stretches very close to outsole tip due to moc-toe...
I have a pair of Rancourt for Eastland Made in Maine Seneca Camp Moc Chukka Boot with Gum Soles in Burgundy (more like Plum) Horween Cavalier leather for sale. Size listed as US 9D, fits a little large, suitable for US 9.5D due to natural stretch of Cavalier leather. Outsole measures 11 1/4" at its longest and 3 7/8" at its widest. Outsole length seems a little short for a US 9D, but that's because toe box stretches very close to outsole tip due to moc-toe...
I have a pair Rancourt for Jack Spade Boat Shoes in Olive Grey Suede for sale. Size listed as US 8.5D, fits a little wide, suitable if you are between D and E widths. Outsole measures 11" at its longest and 4 14/16" at its widest. Outsole length seems a little short for a US 8.5D, but that's because toe box stretches very close to outsole tip due to moc-toe construction.   Like new condition, only worn every other day for a week around carpeted house hoping to break them...
I have a pair Rancourt for Jack Spade Boat Shoes in Olive Grey Suede for sale. Size listed as US 8.5D, fits a little wide, suitable if you are between D and E widths. Outsole measures 11" at its longest and 4 14/16" at its widest. Outsole length seems a little short for a US 8.5D, but that's because toe box stretches very close to outsole tip due to moc-toe construction.   Like new condition, only worn every other day for a week around carpeted house hoping to break them...
I have a pair of Vass for Epaulet Double Monks made on the F-last in Oxblood for sale.   Size is 41.5 with Size 41 shoe trees. Fits true US 9D and US 9 between D and E width. I am just a smidgeon wider than a brannock device US 9D and it is perfect for me. Outsole measures 11 3/4" at its longest and 4 1/8" at its widest.   These were supposed to be my grail shoes but grail speakers came up on the market and I have to raise funds, my loss is your gain. Shoes are brand new...
I would say Snuff Suede McGregor because the color is right at home in Spring and fall and suede is a casual leather to pair with the casual style of a long boat blucher. Otherwise navy suede is a great colourway for Summer and Spring too.
   I would like to suggest 41 in the F last. You seem to have lightly narrow feet to be able to fit in the AE 5 last and EG 888 last. I size 8.5E in the AE5 last and US9D in the EG 888 last is slightly too tight for me. I take 41.5 in the F last and 42 in the U last in "G" width. Thus, I would conclude 41 F last for you.