or Connect

Posts by tavoz

Well I don't know about ChXcl, but you see HH after one month of daily wear, wich is 10 hours a day, at work. I move and walk quite a lot. I really love HH, really amazing. I have no doubt about it's aging. And I guess creasing is something unavoidable on shoes... What I can say is that the suppleness of HH makes it crease in "soft" angles, I mean you don't feel like the leather is, or will, break at all.
Finally posting some pics of my black Horse Hide Semi Dress. Lowered block heel, 269 sole, antique eyelet and hooks, standard last, single midsole.   The pics show them after one month of wear. The Horse Hide is absolutely great, just as I expected, supple and consistent in the same time, and don't easilly gets scuffed. I was really worried about ordering this first pair, for my sizing was so difficult to get. I sent my tracings and measurements to both White's and...
FINALLY!!! Just got my black Horse Hide SD delivered!   All black Horse Hide Lowered block heel Close trim Sole 269 vibram Brown egde Antique hooks and eyelets Single celastic     My concern was about sizing: I had sent a couple of time my tracings and measurements to both White's and Baker's, they found me different sizes and width... I finally trusted Kyle from Baker's, as you guys told me to do, and I did well: perfect fitting!   So first filling: comfort!...
Hi everyone I did it! Ordered my first pair of White's SD. I spent a lot of time on this tread, and received from you guys a lot of helpfull feeback ... so thanks! Specs are:   •Leather 1: Black Horse Hide •Leather 2: Black Horse Hide •Toe Vamp Leather: Black Horse Hide •Toe Cap Leather: None •Celastic Toe Box: Single •Safety Toe: No Thanks •Upper (Shaft) Leather : Black Horse Hide •Leather Liner: Cream •Back Stay Leather: Black Horse Hide •Pull Loop: No •Eyelet Color:...
Guys, anyone out there has SD with double celastic toe box? Wondering about the look, and feel. Pics would be highly appreciated!
Well, I guess that adding an insole changes the sizing? If you need more comfort and add an insole (Spenco type), what would be the sizing changes? like up half size and one withd, or what?
Guys, anyone with pics of SD with double celastic? The last point I need to clear before ordering is the look of double celastic, wich is supposed to be the same as single celastic...
Guys thanks for all your help about sizing. I can make a call to Kyle with reliable infos now.
Hi, I'm still on the sizing issue. Can you guys give me a clue on what would be the closest fit to semi-dress, between Wolverine 1000 and Red Wing iron ranger? I can try those two here in Paris, but no White's, so it would help me to figure out if the size that Kyle gave to me is something I can go on when ordering.
Guys, thanks for the incomes. Actually, no way for me to try White's here in France... only chance is to compare with other boots and make a call to Kyle, as you suggest. Hope he really gives me some super affirmative feedback...