Posts by Baked Potato

Did you even read my initial post? I guess not. When did I even mention that I want unsanforized denim?
 That sounds awful. I don't really have any "streetwear" clothing, so I'll mostly wear shirts that I'll tuck in, I don't want to risk them getting any indigo colour on, nor on my shoes (or pullover, if I'm wearing one)...I searched around a bit and found out that washing denim with white vinegar helps setting the colour in. So I guess washing them normaly first and then combining it with a vinegar wash might help? God, this is more problematic than I thought (I always...
 Their filter seems to function incorrectly. I chose "prewash" and "selvedge" as filter options, but it seems like it shows all their models which are either pre-washed or in selvedge denim, not only those that are both. It seems like they only have a couple of pre-washed selvedge models. Really? That sounds unfortunate, I don't want indigo stains on my shirts or shoes... I used to wear jeans before, but that was before I got a real interest in clothing. Those jeans didn't...
I visited a Nudie store a couple of days ago, they didn't have any washed selvedge jeans at all. They said that they do have washed selvedge jeans in their assortment, but they are light in colour (heavily washed) and they must be ordered to the store.I'd actually prefer to buy a pair in a store here in Stockholm, or a Swedish online store (international web stores like Mr. Porter are also okay, but I checked them out and they don't have any resonably priced washed...
Hey guys, I'm not really a "denim guy", I actually haven't worn a pair of jeans for a couple of years, but times change and I'm looking for the "perfect" pair right now! The thing is that I don't want a pair of raw denim jeans, I don't want to go through the hassle of not washing them, taking "care" of them and such. The worst part being the risk of indigo bleeding onto my other clothing. I want a pair of nice, clean dark jeans that are pre-washed, preferably selvedge...
Thanks for the Pembroke pics, guys! They look really nice. I guess you people wouldn't say that they are too "old" looking? A friend said that they look like shoes suited for older gentlemen. I don't agree, but that damn comment made me doubt a bit... What'd you guys say? Would they fit a twenty year old as a pair of causal spring/autumn shoes (worn with both jeans and chinos)?
Anyone here who perhaps owns a pair of tan Pembrokes? I've looked through the thread, but haven't really had any luck finding some nice pictures. I've already tried googling, but most of the pictures there are stock photos. I've been thinking about buying a pair for spring/autumn, they seem to go nicely with a pair of jeans.
I still haven't bought a basic navy suit yet, but there's an event coming up that might require a suit like that. So hey, it's a perfect excuse to buy one! The thing with SS is that many of their more classic ("basic") models are mostly in their Napoli fit. Unfortunately, Napoli doesn't fit me at all, the shoulders and the chest area is too wide. There's Sienna (I actually already own a suit in that fit), but I'd prefer one without a ticket pocket. Although, I've found...
I'm actually looking to get my first "real" briefcase. I'm going with Mulberry's Elkington briefcase, but I have small issue. Which colour should I go with - tan or dark brown? I've asked around a little, those around me seem to prefer the tan one.   [Photos below borrowed from the Internet]       Not the best pictures, I know, but I just grabbed them from Google.
Just a quick question about colour matching: I've already planned what to wear to the upcoming new year's celeberation. It's fairly causal (no tuxedo), so this is what I've planned to wear: Navy jacket, blue and white striped shirt, Drake's burgundy grenadine tie, mid-grey flannels and black Oxfords. The issue is that I'm unsure about the handkerchief. I thought about going with a green Victory handkerchief from Rubinacci, but wouldn't the green clash in any way?   This...