Posts by jimrude

I just bought these a week ago online from HauteLook/Nordstrom Rack for $199. They have not been worn at all - they've just sat on my closet floor as I've pondered whether I like them. I've concluded they're not for me. Our puppy ate the box (don't ask), but I have proof of purchase, etc. Will sell for $175 OBO shipped CONUS.   Wolverine 1000 Mile 360 Chukka Tan Leather Leather Sole New Without Box $175 OBO
Yes, wearing shorts(!) in 2nd picture...
Second attempt jacket is the same length as the first attempt.  Only changes from 1 to 2 are sleeve length and some changes to upper arm and back...
Are you referring to the first attempt (with images), or the second attempt (also with images)?As far as my (amateur) eye can tell, the second attempt has improved the back, removed the divots, and lessened the ripples in the sleeves. There is no collar gap (I'm not wearing a dress shirt, only a thin t shirt) and no roll under the collar on the back.Second attempt still dreadful?
So here is their second try. https://imgur.com/gallery/2vUcw IMO: Back looks better. Sleeve length is better. Shoulder divots are better. But it seems there's extra fabric in the upper arms. Comments?
So here's an update:   Based on the feedback here, and from some others, I sent an email to Oliver Wicks.  Within 24 hours I received the following reply:   QUOTE - The silhouette looks nice, with the right amount of waist suppression. If you`d like we can lower the button stance and take in the front of the jacket (top button level) a bit, but that may lead to the lapel not laying evenly, which we tried to avoid when tailoring you initial jacket. Taking in the jacket...
Nope, no breath holding. And no, it's definitely not a tight/close fit, although the back might lead one to conclude otherwise.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just received my first order from Oliver Wicks. Their process involves taking a few of your own measurements, as well as those from an existing suit that fits you "well". I'm fairly hard to fit (big shoulders, reasonable drop from chest to waist, etc etc), so I wasn't sure what to expect. The company offers up to $125 back to cover alterations. Grateful to receive (constructive) comments on the fit. Can this be tailored, or is it a lost cause? I'm particularly...
Height: 6' 2" Weight: 190 lbs. Suit: OTR probably 44L Shirt: 16.5/36 Pants: 33/34+ Shoes: 11D
Delivery took muuuuuuch longer than expected.  The initial excuse was Chinese new year holiday, then a shortage of the ordered fabric.  The end result was delivery about 9 weeks after order date.  There was good communication from the company about the reasons for the delay.   But I am very satisfied with the final product.  I didn't order the highest-end fabric, figuring that if it was a disastrous fit or poor construction quality I wouldn't be out too much money on...