or Connect

Posts by OTCtailor

Depending on What is actually causing it would determine if its fixable but its not a small fix.
Well, again, your pictures are going to be distorted because with the arm forward holding the cellphone you're inducing movement into the jacket which doesn't just affect that one side, but potentially the whole garment.   So, I really can't tell. Even the lapel popping visible from the side can happen by the way you're holding the phone. When this thread was started, the mod didn't post picture taking guidelines to frustrate the people who would inevitably post their...
 1. No one can tell because the pictures aren't good. 2. No seam allowance available to make the chest bigger. Can't do it.
It is. Basically the waistband is removed from back to front all the way to the fly. The extra allowance at the back seam (if there is any) is let out and transferred to the front in the form of said darts.. The waistband is replaced. It's a tricky operation and isn't for everyone. Letting out the fullness in the back will straighten the seat curve and if you have a more curved/prominent seat, will create fit problems there. With pleated trousers, you can have the pleats...
 If you ever get trousers made, ask for a single pleat with a shallower depth or darted fronts. Does the same job of placing comfortable fullness over that area but can allow you to maintain a still sleek look.
  All depends on the tailor and what they ultimately decide to do. Most of what the pants need might be priced consistently from tailor to tailor but the jacket is another story. Is it worth altering? Well, that's a question only you can answer. There's a lot of work there, for sure. Alterations should always be kept to a relative minimum if possible. Anyway, you say you're from south central PA? I'm up in the lehigh valley and have a few clients in your area. My guess is...
Well then I guess the entire concept of the drape cut means bad fit? I digress... I know what you mean, but don't let the skin clinging slim fits of today make you think that the design of your clothes is wrong.
In the first photo, it looks like the model is pulling his shoulders backward in a pose. In a slim fitted jacket, there's obviously very little wearing ease over the chest (and the rest of the body), so much of any movement will create what may appear to be a fitting problem especially when photographed.However, if it's actually because of the posture of the person, lapel popping usually occurs for 2 reasons. 1 is that there may not be enough fullness over the fore parts...
 To answer the first question... No. Pleated trousers intentionally contain extra fullness in the lap to do precisely what yours are doing when you sit down!If you don't want that to happen, you need to have the pleats removed or buy flat fronts. Again, only loosely take the advice of folks in this thread who are not actual garment technicians. It only creates confusion.
To have this done right, you simply need to take it to a qualified tailor. The jacket and trousers need quite a bit of work to get them to a point where they'll fit.  Also, only very carefully and superficially take advice from anyone in this thread who does not actually make garments or take them apart/put them back together because they don't know what they're talking about. The folks you can listen to are: Despos, a tailor, jefferyd, Rory Duffy (these guys are all...