or Connect

Posts by OTCtailor

Did they remove the back pocket to do the repair?
no
About the low end navy MTM suit....The measurements mightof been accurate, but the postural observations were not. Posture more erect. Shoulders a little more sloped and backward pitched. A slightly lowered button stance and longer length jacket will do good things for you. If you're trying to be fashionable, lengthen by .5 to 1". A more classic length would be 3/4 to 1.5" longer. Sway back and forward hips. Maybe semi prominent seat.  Go back to the maker and see what...
The side view tells most of the story here. The front balance is too short. This is causing the lapels to fan away from your chest and causing the quarters to invert. Your posture is likely more erect than the jacket is cut for. It's not a satisfactory result for MTM no matter the cost.
Rolls under the collar can technically be caused by a wide variety of issues. Sometimes it's tightness over the blades. Sometimes it's excessive incline, forward shoulders, short collar. Based on the pics, it looks like there's just too much incline which lowering the collar some would help. If it's tightness over the blades, lowering the collar will really not help. In that case, more fullness needs to be thrown over the blades. That's the tailor's skill in deciding what...
More like the band is removed and reattached lowered in the back. The lower it needs to go, the more it has to be removed up front. The lowering has to be gradual from front to back.The other component is the reshaping of the seat. Hard to say what yours needs with your jacket on but it could be just a matter of hollowing the seat curve a bit and letting out the rear fork. This just allows the fabric to be pulled up by the waistband but also be kindof lifted off and away...
Pitch is an issue of rotation relating to how forward or backward you naturally hold your arms. Also as to do often with the pitch of the shoulders.Fixing a jacket for forward shoulders is a pretty extreme alteration and may not even be possible with that jacket. I'd estimate the cost on rotating sleeves and adjusting for forward shoulders to be well in excess of $75.So the question is, will BL actually adjust the remade jacket for those fit issues? Some online MTM will...
Tough to say. I'd say it's not exactly classy to do that. To the tailor, it'd be like saying, "I trust your valuable advice, but not enough to make the purchase through you."Not to mention, the tailor may have no idea who/what/how the MTM house that's producing the garment is doing what they're doing.  If you came to me, I'd probably convince you to bail on the competition and do my best to match the price/fabric etc so that it makes sense. Maybe go to the tailor with that...
Starting with the jacket, the balance is ok but looks like the collar could be lowered a bit to relieve some of the rolls. The armholes are high but looks like there's just no drape back there behind your blades. A tailor may be able to let out under the armhole in the side body to push some of the drape back over the blades. The sleeves look off in pitch. They need to be rotated forward. The collapse of cloth over your front shoulders is either because your shoulders are...
No "budget" Isaia that I know of, but the collar of the jacket you have is simply a cheaper made collar.