or Connect

Posts by OTCtailor

Much like a previous poster, it appears (though hard to tell with these perspective limiting photos) that your shoulders are a little more square or posture more erect than what is built into the shirt. Then, it looks like the yoke may be too wide falling off your shoulder but maybe not. The [main] problem is made a little worse by insufficient room in the chest only. Adding to the sideseam under the arm would be the right fix but isn't possible to a finished shirt.
Surely the jacket is quite trim but it would be ok if the front balance were longer and the back balance a little shorter. Looks like your posture is a little head forward. Shoulders more sloped and lower on the right. Forward hips and swayback, as well. The jacket shoulders look too big but they may not be sloped enough for your shoulders resulting in sleeve caps that are too high. Sleeves need to be removed and recut to fit the armhole. Maybe sloping the shoulders a bit...
It's a normal drop but when you like your jackets fitted that close to the body, this is what you're going to get.A lot of my clients have a low style IQ/maturity. They tell me what they want and if it is to one extreme or another I will issue a warning but ultimately they get what they want.They like expensive suits, tho....which I am more than willing to provide.
Nothing really. Looks like the vents are still basted shut, but that's nothing. Jacket is pretty clean.
Here's a picture of one of my clients. He has a very long torso and didn't want the button stance very high. His next pieces will have it raised a little, however. Notice the low stance doesn't take it out of balance but any lower and not good.
I would lengthen 1/2 to 3/4, actually. Lowering the stance as is would, IMHBAO, make it look better than it currently does. However, lengthening and lowering the stance would create an altogether better aesthetic.
There are really no absolutes in the discussion of buttonstance. In my experience, it is almost entirely based on client's preference/comfort for where they button the coat. Going a bit high or a bit low would raise a warning flag that, as a tailor, you present to client and see what the response is. We can make anything, but should we? on a 3R2, it is best to think about designing it as a 2btn because it essentially is. That top button is obviously not meant to...
The bigger problem you'll deal with when looking at anything OTR in the shoulder department isn't so much that they're too big but that they're not sloped enough for your shoulders. When that is the case, the result is that they may feel and appear to be too big. So you have sloping and forward pitching shoulders, swayback, and perhaps a larger blade on the right than left. Yes, prominent seat but more importantly affecting the fit in that area is the swayback. Altering...
The Canali jacket is obviously too long in the sleeves. A good 1.5-2" too long. The total jacket length is passable. A little longer might be better for you but I wouldn't say this jacket is necessarily too short. Depends on your preferences. Also, if you went to the next size longer in this jacket, the body might be right on or perhaps a hair too long but the sleeves would be SO LONG that altering them to correct length will ruin the sleeve balance.What I'm saying is that...
Is this side profile the way you actually stand or are you leaning your head forward?