or Connect

Posts by OTCtailor

Reweaving will cost more than the shirt. You could either try to have machine darned but that may make it more obvious than it already is.The other option is to use something like fray check to coat the hole so that it doesn't fray anymore. Trim away any tiny fuzzies and apply the fray check to the edge of the hole. You could even go just a bit farther by attaching a piece of shirting fabric on the underside of the collar where the hole is using some fusible fabric fusion...
A 40 L would have about a 44" chest. The measurement for the p2p is probably not taken correctly. The off the rack standard range for most brands in a 40L 'classic fit' is going to be 18.75" and 19.25"
Would just about guarantee it has a large and low armhole. Based on description, it sounds like a 44L with shortened sleeves. No matter what you're looking for, this jacket is meant to come off as classic and probably wouldn't work well trying to make it "trendy" as far as fit is concerned. Also, the true chest measure is likely not a 44 but more like 46-48. If it's a 44 jacket, the over chest measure is greater. If it is smaller than a 44, the point to point is probably...
 Depending on where you're buying it, that measurement is speculative. Is it an MTM from a previous client? Is it RTW?If you actually measure 19.5 by a tailor, your chest is probably between 43 and 45 (a guess). A 20" p2p is usually seen on a 44 off the rack. Sometimes 44's have 19.5" shoulders but usually 20 to 20.5 even in the case of a canali or similar cut. If it was mtm and the p2p is 20", you need to ask some questions to see what the chest was, as well.
What @Despos said is correct. I have a 4 thread household serger that I use for exactly this reason. The better option would be the machine that naturally seams up the sweater in the first place, the 4 thread serger (it's technically 3 thread with the 4th being a mock safety stitch). I thrifted a few old cashmere sweaters so I could do my work in the not so warm part of the building where my shop area is. They were super blousy. Since they were just for working around in,...
So one thing we don't have here in this thread is a working knowledge of whoever/whatever company you're going thru with these postural observations when combined with your actual measures and pics. Therefore, it's just about impossible to tell you how to proceed. Considering your pics were also very limiting, this reply post is just about useless. We're here to help. If it were any other way, we would tell you. There are too many moving pieces that you've unintentionally...
It is definitely worth it to search around for a brand that might fit you better OTR. Understand, however, that most OTR brands are going to style their cuts near "normal" with shoulders, chest, back, stomach etc. I would say as a general guideline if one of those critical upper body fitting areas esp shoulders is horribly off, don't waste your time and money. 
Well there's quite a bit going on here. Maybe @Despos can offer critique, as well. It looks like your left blade is larger than the right blade and right chest larger than the left. That's causing the bulk of the problems with the jacket. The right sleeve pulling is from your chest putting strain against the armhole which pulls the sleeve. Not enough cloth in the chest. Same problem is on the left but it's all in your blades. Not enough cloth there. The problem may be...
Much like a previous poster, it appears (though hard to tell with these perspective limiting photos) that your shoulders are a little more square or posture more erect than what is built into the shirt. Then, it looks like the yoke may be too wide falling off your shoulder but maybe not. The [main] problem is made a little worse by insufficient room in the chest only. Adding to the sideseam under the arm would be the right fix but isn't possible to a finished shirt.
Surely the jacket is quite trim but it would be ok if the front balance were longer and the back balance a little shorter. Looks like your posture is a little head forward. Shoulders more sloped and lower on the right. Forward hips and swayback, as well. The jacket shoulders look too big but they may not be sloped enough for your shoulders resulting in sleeve caps that are too high. Sleeves need to be removed and recut to fit the armhole. Maybe sloping the shoulders a bit...