or Connect

Posts by OTCtailor

At 5'4" this jacket is not too short. Your already relatively shirt height can organically accept a jacket with shorter proportion. Proportions that if placed on a taller man would evidently be too short.In other words, relax on official rules. It isn't so short that it shows your seat like a ladies jacket. Its more like just like long enough that it just barely covers the seat. At your height and looking for a modern fit, this particular proportional aesthetic is actually...
 OK...ANYONE WHO IS LOOKING AT MTM OR CUSTOM CLOTHING THAT IS ANYTHING OTHER THAN "BESPOKE" PLEASE READ AND REPOST WHERE EVER YOU SEE FIT BECAUSE THIS IS VALUABLE INFO.  SORRY FOR THE CAPS AND THE BOLD TEXT BUT THIS IS BOTH IMPORTANT AND VERY HELPFUL....READ ON: MTM HAS 2 NECESSARY INGREDIENTS: THE SELLER/TAILOR AND THE MFG (MANUFACTURER) IF 1 OF THE 2 INGREDIENTS AREN'T "ALIGNED" PROPERLY, THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR PROBLEMS. I.E: 1) IF THE SELLER/TAILOR SUCKS BUT THE MTM...
 PM Me and Despos combine the feedback and proceed appropriately as you see fit Or continue to be a corporate robot...cuz this ain't easy. Just sayin'
I'm commenting on this because the bulk of my business is MTM so I have a few things I can say about this and MTM in general... Something is off with the seat shape and/or hip posture. Or a combination of the two.you need to talk to your tailor or seller and determine what the cause might be. It's not entirely easy to assess.Also, the required fix isn't easy to assess. The seat may need to be let out in order to be made straighter. Then it would be too loose. To take in...
Because most people with more forward shoulders will usually have more prominent and wider blades, right? I mean, I have this exact build. Relatively flat chested but broad back and rolling forward shoulders.
It's not at all common policy. On the MTM side of things, there's always enough margin to cover for errors that may result in remake. Or there should be. If I don't have to remake, it shows as income and is recorded as such. If I do have to remake, I simply write it off as an expense or file it away as paid marketing. On the alterations side, I simply don't take on a job if I know it can't be done. I sell by informing and sometimes I sell potential clients right out of my...
 Been awhile since I've posted here, but the poster with the wrinkles at the upper back in his first photo made it obvious to me that the tailor took in the jacket at the CB seam. The wrinkles were a result of tightness and shortness being created over the blades from taking in the CB seam.Having done a few more novice jobs myself in the past, I've learned that you just don't touch the CB seam to suppress the waist. The reason is because is because the CB seam is a balance...
ITG...For MTM, this looks good. Front balance may be a bit short but there is no lapel gaping or severe vent splits due to back being too long. The most obvious signs are that the quarters are too closed. It's not something you can fix with alterations. For the next suit, have the tailor the adjust the posture to more erect. The comment about it "lacking shape" is highly subjective. Go with your gut after wearing this one a time or two and tell your tailor what you think...
Shoulders are way too wide and not sloped enough. Back is too long. It is falling down off the backs of your shoulders (thus the pinning) and the whole back balance is contacting your hips. It is typical of the erect posture to have this happen. I fix this all the time....with MTM.