or Connect

Posts by OTCtailor

Shoulders are way too wide and not sloped enough. Back is too long. It is falling down off the backs of your shoulders (thus the pinning) and the whole back balance is contacting your hips. It is typical of the erect posture to have this happen. I fix this all the time....with MTM.
They're not easy to find. I have a bunch of them from different Mtm suits I've ordered for clients (I always order side adjusters in case they one day ask for them). MSG me for details

Keep the shoulders extra sloped. Mention the forward shoulders stuff, too. Narrow the yoke and ask for only +3" across the body fit. If you have swayback, add darts. If you can feel the seams binding against the front of the shoulders, the yoke needs to be narrower. Contrary to some belief, a wider yoke does not make a more comfortable shirt any more than lower armholes allow for more movement.Consider losing the side pleats in lieu of a box pleat or no pleats.For...
I guess the simple response would be "welcome to online MTM, chap"   In other words, your clothes look OK for how you've ordered them.   The issues/problems may not be correctable within their customization options. There's a lot that MTM producers don't do when it comes to making custom clothing. For instance...collar points not sitting down against the neck? The under collar on all quality dress shirts should be cut 1/8" smaller all around than the upper collar....
And that would def be the time to do it. If you need buckles, shoot me a pm and I'll send you some. I have side adjusters made for almost every suit I sell even if the client is wearing a belt. Got a ton of them laying around. Heck...chances are I have entire sets of side adjusters already made if its a common fabric.
The waistband curtain inside the trouser must be opened by releasing the tacks and then the blindstitch underneath. This will allow access to the seam where the waistband is physically sewn to the trouser body. From there, the belt loops can be removed and then the hole can be resewn. The entire waistband does not need to come off. This is a little bit of a job but not as much as actually installing the belt loops so make sure you definitely want it done before you do it.
I think Barbour has their own tailoring and repair service. You'd probably want to go to them for this.
You can register and search on the cutter and tailor forum. Try to dig thru what would be ultra technical stuff to you. Diagrams for this type of thing are very tough to translate it for the lay person. Also, search SF for 'on pants'. There's a pretty in depth article there. In fact, that article and personal experimentation are essentially how I learned to fix the issue both in alterations and in mtm. Still even with my pretty accurate mtm producer I am finding myself...
Chris can answer in a likely more accurate way, but the challenge is explaining in a way that a non tailor can understand. To be frank, many guys are afflicted with forward hips and flat seat or a combo of the two. In a nutshell, a guy built like that simply needs less fabric in the back and more in the front. Many rtw trousers are going to be cut with at least some degree of seat angle and back rise to be pretty much right in the middle of super angled and full cut and...