or Connect

Posts by Pierce R

2006 Volvo S60 T5 and a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.   And in the summer, this:       1978 Mustang II 2+2 with a dual-quad, tunnelrammed 331 stroker, Hilborn dragster scoop, T-tops, 4-point roll bar, and '68 Vette 3" side pipes.   Spousal unit wants to trade the Volvo for an Audi A5 this year. I have nearly -- nearly -- convinced her that we should wait a year, and sell the hot rod and trade in the Volvo and pick up a Gen III Porsche Cayman.   Nearly. 
Thanks.   Rambler = all rooms on one floor. The upstairs has 3 bedrooms, a second small kitchen (soon to be a bar), bath, laundry, and an 800 sf living room / family room. It's literally a seperate house upstairs.   Some weird hippie types had it before us and kind of jacked up the upstairs when they built it -- they were using the downstairs to store RV's to pay the mortgage -- but we more or less fixed it. We're about to start a major reno on the upstairs,...
New around here. My wife and I bought an old equipment barn a few years back and renovated it. We used to do condos during the bubble; we like to think of this as our masterpiece. The upstairs is now a 3 BR rambler and the downstairs is an entertaining space with a loft / lodge feel including a grand piano and a Hearthstone woodstove opposite an outdoor fireplace. All work done by owners.   I've been working out of town. It's good to be home.     Kitchen...
My everyday watch is a Timex Flyback Chronograph in PVD. It was a gift. I think it looks nice, and I get a lot of compliments on it. It keeps near-perfect time; I've had it for two months and it's still within a second of my iPhone. And this seems like a small thing, but the second hand ticks exactly on all the second markers. I know that's nit-picking but I'm slightly OCD and that kind of stuff drives me batshit. I think it's a mark of good engineering.   They run...
I read elsewhere on this forum that wearing braces around the office without a jacket isn't a no-no. It's walking out of your house to go to work wearing braces and no jacket that's the no-no.   Of course you take your jacket off at work. I mean, who doesn't? 

^^ Both of these.    The trick, really, is going to be getting clothes that fit and then making sure that I can still fit into them a year from now.
I have an 11-inch drop at 175 lbs. and 5'10".   I'd love to find a black turtleneck that doesn't fit me like a gunny sack. Thanks for the leads. 
Well, I'm new here. In a couple of months I'll be starting my first job that requires a tie and jacket, and occasionally a suit. I've been lurking for awhile, learning what to pay attention to and what not to.   My 2012 insights:   1: Don Draper has poise, but Sam Seabourne in The West Wing is the best-dressed man in the history of television. Followed immediately by Sterling Archer. 2: Black slacks are a no-go. 3: Socks matter. 4: Fit and tailoring trumps...
I got a JZ Richards tie, a box of cigars, and a laser pointer that clicks forward and back on PowerPoint presentations. Along with a whole bunch of books.   Check this bad boy out.