or Connect

Posts by budapest12

I believe you but it's something like $250 where I am.  That jump for an 18 year from a 12 (I paid $80) hurts.   Next on the list:  Laga 16 and a set of 200 ml Johnnie Walkers (black, gold, platinum, blue).  Place near me has that for $70 -- seems worth it at that price.
Well so patience is not my virtue here.  Picked up the Hakushu 12 and a 200 ml bottle of Talisker 18 (at a good price too).   I like the Hakushu but it may take me a little time and thought to appreciate it.  More subtle and nuanced than anything I've had thus far (which, given that everything has either had peat or sherry, should not be a shock).  Very pleasant and different though I cannot say it blows my mind.  I do look forward to more tastings.   The Talisker 18...
This.
Sigh. Nevermind.
So true. Arguably most ideas, but some in particular.
Tried it straight up. Challenging but superb. Have since diluted slightly - probably to 50 or 52%. Just wonderful.Noted. Do want the Laga because I have a good feeling, but also planning on a Hakushu 12 and then maybe something a little more rare,as you say, or maybe just pricier.Having given Talisker 10 a rest for a few days, I came back to it last night and it tasted so much smokier and peatier than it ever had before. The contrast with the Balvenie and Aberlour...
Ok, wound up snagging a bottle of A'bunadh.  Good god.  
DELETE