or Connect

Posts by GOP Shoe Guy

Walnut Shell Cordovan Macneils today. Loving how these look today.
I have the Brown Shell Strand and Brown Shell Jefferson. Love them both. Of course the Strand is a captor and the Jefferson is a classic wingtip. They both are showing patina the same way and coloring is about the same on both. Caps on the Shell Strand appears l bit redder, but they are a year older and showing more patina at this point in their life. I like the sole being thicker on the Jefferson over the single sole of the Strand. I to have the walnut calf Jefferson....
I ordered them the first day they were available as a web gem. They get about 1, maybe 2 days a week. having 28 pairs of AE I should wear them less often, but I do love these.
Wearing my brown shell cordovan Jeffersons today. Here they are in the sunlight at my office. Regarding the conversation both these and my brown shell strands have began to patina and in spots they look brown and in some spots look burgundy. I say leave it and don't try to darken to the same color. The patina is all part of the shell experience...
I prefer the single strap and medallion on the captoe. Love my burgundy shell Franciscan. 
Correction.... I didn't see that it was for a formal event. Certainly wear black shoes. Black Park Aves are my go to formal shoe. The Shell Strand does look nice with a suit, but not for formal... Thats what I get for responding so early this morning...
They are great with a nay suit or a various light or medium grey suits. I have a summer tan suit that they look amazing with. 
No suit pics, but have these...
So 2 weeks back I put in an order for Jeffersons in pebble grain like someone else made up here. Seeing the discounted price of the Jefferson in the upcoming sale, I emailed Allison to see if she would honor the sale price on my MTO, and she will. $350 for a pair of MTO Jeffersons... I think I love Allison.
black. darn iPhone pics....