or Connect

Posts by jazz11man1

Hi,   I am looking to purchase a pair of patent leather shoes to wear with my tuxedo. I'm interested either in oxfords (minimalistic, with clean lines) or loafers (perhaps with a grosgrain strap ala Ferragamo). I'd appreciate hearing if anyone has a pair to sell.   Thanks
Thanks guys. That's how I was leaning and will probably be the way I'll go. I don't see pleats looking great with a piqué waistcoat.   As for my groomsmen, I am asking them to wear cummerbunds with pleated, turn-down collar shirts. Am I correct in thinking that that combination would be fine even if I went the route of piqué waistcoat and piqué wing collar shirt?
Hi,   I posted a wedding attire question as a new thread and was directed to this discussion, which is great.   I'd love to hear what people have to say:     I am getting married next month and looking for advice on how to dress-up my attire. I have a grosgrain, single button, peak lapel dinner jacket and am going to accompany it with a white waistcoat. What shirt should I wear? I have a pleated turn-down collar but was thinking that a pique shirt with...
Excellent thread. Thanks a lot for pointing me to it
Bump...   Thanks in advance for any feedback
I am getting married next month and looking for advice on how to dress-up my attire. I have a grosgrain, single button, peak lapel dinner jacket and am going to accompany it with a white waistcoat. What shirt should I wear? I have a pleated turn-down collar but was thinking that a pique shirt with detachable wing collar would be more appropriate? Can I wear a pique waistcoat with a pleated shirt?   I'd appreciate your opinions. Thanks.
I am looking to buy a Tom Ford base B peaked lapel tuxedo
Hi,   I am looking for a tuxedo for my wedding. I've tried about a dozen on including a Paul Smith Gents, Burberry Prosum, Brioni Spartaco, Armani Collezioni, Tom Ford, and RLBL Anthony. My favorites by far are the Tom Ford (I particularly love the shoulders) and the RLBL Anthony, which the SA suggested for my build due to their "British" styling (I assume that the Prorsum and Paul Smith would be classified the same?).   This might be too broad of a question, but...
I have a 14.5" neck with a broader chest and narrower torso. Like others, including jns425, shirts that fit well at the neck, shoulders, and chest tend to be too full lower on the shirt. Shirts that are better fitting near the waist are visibly too tight at the chest (e.g., BB extra slim fit).   In my limited experience, Hilditch & Key fits the best, followed by BB slim fit. I haven't had the chance to try Thomas Pink shirts, but will as soon as my wallet allows it.
The Chicago store didn't have them in stock, which was too bad since I was there for the holidays. I ended up getting them from RL online. The shoes arrived, but look too matte to be worn with a tux, in my opinion. They look great, otherwise, and I may keep them as a dress shoe. My only concern is that they are a bit stiff and uncomfortable - the toe box is tight and the seams rub against the side of my foot, as if the laces got caught in the shoe. Is this something that...