or Connect

Posts by goonz

HOW DO YOU GUYS GET HOLES REPAIRED ON YOUR PEACOATS? ITS A VINTAGE ISSUE AND HAS A FEW HOLES AT CUFF LEVEL. ANY IDEAS? PEACOAT I RECALL YOU SAYING YOU HAD ONE WITH A FEW HOLES. DID YOU GET THEM REPAIRED?   SORRY FOR CAPS, MY PHONE MUST BE ANGRY!
You know having looked at the photos again, I think it is a perfect fit. I think i was referring to it looking a little bulky but just relised it has a thinsulate lining so thats what that is.   I actually wish my coat fit that well!
Karl D think that pea coat looks great on you, perhaps slightly big but nothing over bearing. Great looking coat with nice detail.   Pop that collar man! :)
Dbear that is a beautiful peacoat is that a vintage? What size is it? If its a 32 I'd be tempted to take it off you...
Why not post a few pics of both the small and medium sizes?
I believe that is the correct measurement for a 34. My vintage 34 also measured p2p of 19".
I thought it looked ok, apart from the obvious sleeves, perhaps one size too big.
Just measured and its a true 18in across the chest.   One more question how can I find the original positioning of the buttons as I believe some might be out of place?   I also need to re position a couple on my '66 coat too?
Thanks Peacoat I also thought it was the real deal but just wasnt sure with the feel of the material.   When I said 'taught' I mean I buttoned it and lifted the sleeves to get right under the pit and measured it likeso. Hence whilst it was held 'taught' but not overly tight. I'd say it would be a 18 had I laid it down and measured it without disturbing the fabric. I will take more detailed measurements later on and post them up. Any particular measurements you want?
Hi its not really snug as I did wear it with a jumper too and it was then a snug fit. The sleeves have been taken up so there is lots of material available to lengthen them again. I also agree the sleeves are too short but it was advertised as such on VT so I knew I couldnt bring them out if needed.   Regards the length it seems ok but I would perhaps prefer it to be a little bit shorter. Perhaps 0.5 to 1 inch shorter in body length and 1 inch longer in sleeve length.