or Connect

Posts by manchambo

I can't stand Nordstrom suit salespeople generally.  It's absolutely impossible to browse there.  They won't accept looking around.  Before I knew anything much about suits I had them foist off some true crap on me.  Now that I do, the few times I've seriously shopped there, I've explained what I'm looking for, and they continue to bring me crap I wouldn't consider buying, and they obviously don't understand why it's crap.
For a classic boxer short, I'm very fond of the ones Neiman Marcus sells. They have them regularly at last chance for around fifteen bucks.
Luxire, for example, has fabrics plenty nice enough to make a shirt like that though the construction isn't up to the level of Borrelli, it's plenty nice.  
Nearly two months later--is the full pictorial post ever coming?
It's a pretty standard light blue shirt.  Buy one from Barba, Isaia, Borrelli, etc., based on fit and you will have one at least as nice.
I really like what I believe is called a self-collar.  That is, a collar in the style of a dress shirt with quarter inch top-stitching.  It should have a fair amount of structure to it.  I've wondered recently whether you could incorporate small stays in the collar to give it a bit more body, though I've never seen a shirt like that.   The other important factor to me is length.  Fit it a given, of course, but it seems like a lot of shirts that well otherwise are cut too...
Which Bloomingdales location in NYC would have th biggest Eidos selection? I'm in from out of town and not familiar with the store.
If I understand those photos correctly, the cuff is generally so tight you have to wear your watch in top of it. It that correct?
I have a question about the proper way to hem chinos.  I just picked up two pairs of Incotex cotton chinos from a local alterations tailor I've had good luck with in the past.  To my surprise, they finished both pairs like jeans: that is, with visible double seam, leaving no material for further alterations (except I suppose for shortening).  This is not what I've expected, not what I've seen before on this type of pants, and there's no apparent way to fix it because they...
It seems pretty clear that, when they are making a big deal out of the line being made in America, they wouldn't advertise it as made in Europe.