or Connect

Posts by manchambo

I noticed some shoulders that were built up almost to a pagoda shape (admittedly I'm not sure where you draw the line between a prominent rope and pagoda)  E.g.:  
 That's complicated reasoning--whether the suit is "to be cherished" or "fashionable" and whether you are and academic or in the business world.  I think the bottom line is you need to update your clothes on less than a 15-20 year timeframe. 
Is this a reasonable expectation?  I certainly expect I will be buying different styles of suits in 15-20 years.  I don't buy what I would consider "fad" suits--reasonably classic proportions, lapel width, etc--but I expect that there will be enough differences in gorge, label width, trim or not, etc., that the suits I'm buying now will look dated in 20 years.
I favor Brioni, though this is partially a fit issue as I am fairly tall and fairly thick of neck, so their long and thick ties result in a very nice knot for me, where some ties are just a bit too thin to tie well to my length.
You're obviously on the wrong message board.
Based on most of the advice provided, this thread should really be titled "Best place to buy a cheap suit."
I can't stand Nordstrom suit salespeople generally.  It's absolutely impossible to browse there.  They won't accept looking around.  Before I knew anything much about suits I had them foist off some true crap on me.  Now that I do, the few times I've seriously shopped there, I've explained what I'm looking for, and they continue to bring me crap I wouldn't consider buying, and they obviously don't understand why it's crap.
For a classic boxer short, I'm very fond of the ones Neiman Marcus sells. They have them regularly at last chance for around fifteen bucks.
Luxire, for example, has fabrics plenty nice enough to make a shirt like that though the construction isn't up to the level of Borrelli, it's plenty nice.  
Nearly two months later--is the full pictorial post ever coming?