or Connect

Posts by alanhr

Hi all,   I am looking for a good alterations tailor in Paris. I have a brand-new Benjamin suit that needs the usual: hems, (working) cuffs, etc. The city is lousy with tailors, but seems a bit short on reviews of them (though admittedly my French google-fu is weak).   The best tailoring experience I ever had was with a guy in Atlanta who makes bespoke suits, but doesn't have enough business making them to sustain himself so does alterations for his bread and...
Thanks for the advice, Putonghua73, it seems very sound. I definitely do not have enough trousers, but it's a lot cheaper to buy those than to buy suits and they're definitely going on the shopping list. My current suits do fit, but one is black and the other a dark grey birdseye. Navy and charcoal are the highest on my list. I'm good on shirts, shoes, and ties, it's really only suits and sportcoats (and I guess pants) where I am lacking.   Suit Supply keeps on...
I have plans to give it a try, but I'm traveling and don't have a fixed address for the next couple of weeks so I'm a little worried about the communication with customer service bit. I'm thinking about going for 3 decent suits and a sportcoat, getting a tailor to take my measurements when I go for alterations, and trying one of the MTM vendors in Europe. It will probably be a bit more expensive that way -- clothing is generally quite a bit cheaper in the US -- but that...
  Yeah, I realized shortly after I hit "submit" that you were referring to the site affiliates ... sorry 'bout that!
Wow, thanks! At that price, the Benjamin looks like a real find -- they seem to get really nice reviews! I'm less convinced about the Ricks KC, it's hard to tell without seeing them in person but the photos on the web site aren't doing them any justice. I'm almost certainly buying a couple of Benjamins, though.   Oh, and being new here ... what does SF stand for (besides styleforum)?
Hi all,   I just discovered styleforum and I think it is going to be an enormously useful resource for me -- but man is there a lot read!   Anyway, I recently started a new job in the HQ of a very large corporation. I need to wear a suit or sportcoat every day, but at the moment I have only two suits (ok, nothing special) and one very cheap sportcoat. The job pays well enough that I will be able to afford quality suits in the future, but at the moment I urgently...