or Connect

Posts by climbinglife

I'd buy RedWing Heritage or Wolverine 1000 mile boots before OSB...there has been some quality control issues...but even if that wasn't the case. OSB's are as much as a pair of White's and with wait times being down...White's all day long bro.
LEATHER...all the way :)
Thanks bro
I'm fairly sure (although not 100%) that the quality AND the thickness of CXL used in Wolverine's and OSB is lesser than with Viberg and White's. And in between my White's and Viberg's, The Viberg's CXL feels more thick and substantial than on my White's, by a small margin.   My first pair of "good" boots were Wolverine 1000 Mile boots in CXL and comparing them to my White's or Viberg's in terms of quality, leather thickness, color richness...well lets just say, its not...
Nice job bro!
  Not sure why all the CXL hate. This is not the best pic, but these are Service Boots in Icy Mocha CXL, 310 last, and the leather is bomber. Scuffs buff out easily. I wear these 3 days a week for 8 hours a day. 18 months old in this pic, and they are lined.
Kyle recommended skipping the eyelet rot me when I was having trouble...it did work.
Maybe this is why I like CXL lol...its just softer!
i ended up not doing that fold, and just allowing the tongue to fold back naturally...what i did was go very easy over the first hook and not pull to tight, that alleviated the bite i was having. 
I thought about doing this too, but haven't had any bite since the initial break in, so I forgot about it. I'm a cobbler would be able to do it, no problem.