or Connect

Posts by climbinglife

If you have a FB account, do a search for "Ultrasound" Boots. Lots and lots of leather combos to look at. His pictures should keep you busy for a while.
Never actually measured on a brannock. My first pair of high end boots were Whites and my tracings were sent directly to them. Besides the external measurements they asked what i normally wore in other shoes, IE: sneakers which has always been an 8 to 8-1/2 and dress shoes which has always been a 7.5-8. Based on that they gave me an 8D in both boots. (CXL Classic Work Boot) After 2 years the boots stretched to the point of not being comfortable.   Before the stretching...
My 310 is comfy, no fatigue standing or walking which surprises me since they are definitely a half size to big, maybe a full size lol.   I wear a heavier sock with them and i'm good. Three years and counting.
If I do Black Dress I'll def do unlined.
Thanks guys, think i'm gonna steer clear of Black Smooth and CXL since I have two pair in hat leather.   Down to Black Dress or Black Horsehide. Although i'm a bit apprehensive about HH as the creasing issues I've seen i'm not to much of a fan of in a slightly dressier boot. CXL creases to some extent but it seems to look better in brown then when it happens in black. I'm not gonna do a full two tone boot but will get the back stay in brown and the rest of the boot in...
Thanks guys!     Next question: Black Smooth Black Dress Black CXL   I know CXL is less shiny than Black Dress but how does the Smooth and Dress compare in terms of shiny? I actually like a less shiny if that helps.   I've heard Dress can look "plasticy" ?
So two different kinds of black leather huh? Interesting.   I love those SD's bro. So very nice!     PS: Anyone know if the SD last is more roomy, less roomy than the C461 Last? I've only ever had experience with the 461 and was curious if I should stick to what i know or try something different. I'm very tempted to do the Swing Last but my Viberg Service Boots already have that kind of look.
Very Nice guys! Thanks for the input.   I think i'm leaning towards doing the toe vamp, tongue and back stay in black and then do the upper in brown for some contrast.   Wanna go back into the thread to see if I can find some two tone black/brown SD's   research research lol
Oil Tanned = Black Smooth, correct?
Ok guys need some opinions! :)   I'm gonna be getting a new Pair of White's SD in the fall and i was gonna do black since I don't have any boots in black.   I have two pairs of CXL boots and i'm not against having these made in CXL but wanted to get some opinions.   I'm a teacher, so these are monday-friday 8-10 hour a day boots but not work boots. I wanted some thoughts on which type of Black leather you would go with.   The rest of the build will look like...