or Connect

Posts by akoustas

^ Probably the best option all things considered
Sure thing, I've had suits made at Harry rosen (Samuelson Mtm), garrison bespoke (Mtm and bespoke),Marlon durant, and have visited Trend, got style and spiros (ordered a suit and it never arrived). One option I'm hoping to try is spier Mackay as I believe they have a really nice product (based on the rtw pieces I've bought there) at a solid price point. Simply put the Dirty is a small shop with an an excellent selection of fabrics run by people who care. The detail and...
Sometimes you just need something that can kick the conditions. My wife got me these last year, Irish Setter Treeline boots (Company is run by Red Wing).    They are fully water proof and very heavy duty, meant for long hunting expeditions (I'm often out wandering in the winter so it suits me well)   Not the prettiest but way better than a pair of Sorels IMHO      
I live on the East end so the snow removal is really poor. It all but means I have to trudge through about 2 feet of snow at some point. I tried for a bit and nearly ruined my Carmina boots with salt deposits.    I carry a weekender bag and have a plastic bag inside. Just pack them in the grocery bag in my pack and I'm good to go.
I bought a pair of zip up galoshes from swims. They're great, water sealed and allow me to move around outside between meetings or after work without having to change
Hard to tell right now, a lot of shops are just getting their fall/winter stock so the selection for boots is somewhat limited.    When it comes to boots I say go big or go home. They are more versatile than an oxford so you'll get more use of them and they are usually up against rougher conditions. 
You can get a multi-pack at brooks brothers for $30
He has everything for every price point. Ariston, dormeuil, barberis, and some stuff like reda and some private label stuff at a lower price point
The worst part is that they have zero accountability if it all goes wrong
Given nobody will see the label (if you even want one) it's hardly an issue. Sooner have a great suit from him than a hack job than some faux prestige outfit like "Woodworth & Charles" or something.   Used to work at Garrison and is known for his flashy style. Hardly the case with clients though, he's steered me away from bolder choices on a number of occasions and it's always been for the best.