or Connect

Posts by akoustas

You won't find a ton there if you're going by SF standards.   The coats aren't bad though.
I have a tobacco brown suit in birdseye for the fall/winter. You're right you don't see many but I think a lot of that has to do with people not really knowing what to do with one. Personally I love it, definitely one of my favourite pieces, there's so much you can do to dress it down or dress it up, especially if you're leaning towards the fabrics you mentioned.  
no chance of saving it. Happy you got a refund. I have a Samuehlsson piece from HR. They did a pretty nice job, though they're not the best option for slimmer builds.
Hi all,   I've seen some great info here on Ebay sellers for products in Toronto. Unfortunately I didn't jot the names down and they now lie deep deep in the thread. Any recommendations? Mostly for ties and accessories.   Many thanks!!
On that subject, I have to say Loake`s 1880 are by far stiffer than AE, though I do prefer the esthetic of the pair I got. Loding are about as stiff, and the creasing on mine is rather unfortunate.   There really is no magic bullet at this price point, but to be realistic, they`re all infinitely better than cheaper alternatives. I've been running with two pairs of AEs for three years now and they look as good as new, and the Lodings are looking pretty good after 6...
+1 on the Dirty Inc. My new tailor going forward. JS is great to work with
Thanks! Indeed that sounds like an ideal solution. Is there a comprehensive listing of US stocked shops anywhere? I live in Canada but am often in the U.S
It was more the length that was the issue. 52 fit wonderfully well, like a custom garment. It was just about an inch short in each case and model.
Had the pleasure of visiting the Ring Jacket store in Aoyama Tokyo. Unfortunately while I was hoping to kop quite a few smart sport coats they just weren't big enough for my frame :s No time for MTM unfortunately 
I would place Allen Edmonds above Loding in terms of quality and finish. However, for the price Loding's are a perfectly reasonable option. I would say they're best as an occasional shoe, particularly given the selection of lasts, whereas AEs make a better workhorse.