or Connect

Posts by LeatherFoot

No harm in that. :) Just wanted to set the right expectations so that no one is disappointed. Unless the turnout is in the hundreds or significantly more than fifty we can comfortably accommodate everyone; I am assuming the intention is not to everyone to sit but to mix and mingle but if I am off please let me know.  
The navy would definitely be a staple. As for the silver it really depends on how you like to dress; in general it is not a colour we would recommend as part of the foundation of a tie collection. The brown or burgundy would be more versatile and you may find yourself wearing it on more occasions than you would with silver. If your shirts are mostly white or predominantly white the silver will likely be too close in colour to stand out.  If you do not have or want to wear...
 Glad to hear you enjoyed the event and we hope to see you again! Hopefully the weather is still pleasant in October and not like either today or yesterday!   We may have a bottle or two of something but no promises. You are more than welcome to bring beverages and food of your choosing; we would gladly provide the venue free of charge. 
Agreed. In fact, most people have one foot that is slightly larger than the other never mind two people having the same feet! 
Most certainly! It's not a get together without beverages! ;)
We would be glad to volunteer our venue to host the get together; it is always nice to meet passionate people and help foster the sense of community. 
The Simpson is like Gaziano and Girling for me in that I have to size up half from what I normally wear except G&G is more comfortable out of the box. For the record my Tetbury is in suede and the Simpson is in calf. The 348 is definitely more elongated compared to the Simpson but not egregiously so. In terms of heel slippage that has more to do with how closely the heel is lasted to your foot shape rather than the length of the last. 
Personally I wear the Tetbury on the 348 in 6UK and the Simpson in 6.5UK. For my foot the Simpson vamp is too low so it is not as comfortable as the 348 over a full day of wear; otherwise I find the ball and the heel of the two lasts to fit similarly. Ideally you should try the Simpson in person if possible but based on what you wear in the 348 I would say the Simpson in 8 should be fine if you prefer a snug fit. With 8.5 in the Simpson you will likely experience heel...
 The crease closer to the tip of the toe is likely more a result of how your feet bends as you walk whereas the one closer to the laces is likely due to excess room around that area. The former is really unavoidable and tends to be more noticeable in split toes because it intersects the apron stitching. You could try tongue pads to minimize the amount of excess room to decrease further creasing. 
 We completely agree. In fact we believe the best approach is to find the makers and lasts that fit your feet the best then worry about the style of the shoes. Personally I own the Inca, Simpson, and Soller. All things considered Inca fits me the best though there is a point to be made that not every style is made on one last.