or Connect

Posts by BerryWall

Cuffs, of course! If you want further support for this choice, look to sartorial icons from the great days of men's clothing. To name but a few: The Duke of Windsor, Fred Astaire, Anthony Biddlle, Cary Grant, etc., etc., etc. As has been pointed out here before, cuffs can be removed, whereas plain bottom trousers cannot have cuffs added.
[quote=someotherstyle;3834703]Vest is too short No, his pants are worn/cut too low. Looks awful.
Vince of Artona (store name) on Mack Avenue in Grosse Pointe would be a good choice. Vince is a highly skilled tailor and very pleasant to talk to. If you saw the movie Gran Torino, Vince appeared as the tailor who fits Eastwood's in a suit. The scene was shot in Vince's store.
Quote: Originally Posted by amplifiedheat Worn with SF's favorite mistake, open quarters with low-rise trousers, it will be quite visible. Or, if the cummerbund is not worn, an unsightly flash of shirt to break up the visual, i.e.: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/s...0563/20563.jsp Combined with the comically inept fit, it's a recipe for distaster. This, however, is excellent advice. +1. Also, a cummerbund gives a longer and more...
Rick, I am sure that those are formal shirts. I gather that you doubt that because of the colors that some were made up in? Many old line English makers (New & Lingwood, for one) offer formal shirts in blue as well as pink and cream ( silk). If the buttons are not attached to a cloth strip for removal and substitution of studs, that would be an oddity for a formal shirt. Cheers! RBP
The New York Times, The Economist, The New York Review of Books, The Times Literary Supplement, London review of Books and The New Yorker.
No, no no. It's AE code for Vox and for second. W split is two Vs (Vox) squared, or V2. The 2 equals second/s. Am I the only guy aside from Vox who knows this?
I have a pair and like them. I also wear a pair of black velvet Belgians and an embroidered pair of black velvet Stubbs and Wooton slippers. Choice depends on the setting. Oh, I forgot: I also have a pair of monogrammed Albert slippers from some forgotten English maker.
Some sham sleeve buttonholes will leave a permanent mark when removed, depending on how the sham was sewn and the type of coat fabric. A skilled tailor can assist you in your decision.
Quote: Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke scratch that - all the pairs I like will take "6 months to a year" to order lol why stop there? how about delivery in 2015 while we are at it.. ? who would order RTW shoes and wait a year? seems silly This thread reminds me that I need to call Belgian shoes to see if Margery is still working, She is a sweetheart and has always handpicked my shoes to make sure the bows are centered...