or Connect

Posts by BerryWall

Quote: Originally Posted by Notreknip Is it crazy that I prefer metal stays so I can actually place a slight bend in the stay to give the collar some shape? No! I currently bend the rounded/pointed ends of my plastic stays to help impart a slight concave shape to the line of the collar. Using metal stays in the same fashion is a great idea.
I never use a square fold. While I think that it works quite well as part of a certain aesthetic, it has become the default method of deployment for too many. I think that this may be in part because the alternative ways of folding, stuffing, etc., may be intimidating to many; after all it is easier to use a square fold than it is to master a multi-point fold that does not look to studied or too conspicuous . All of my sartorial models mastered the art of an elegantly...
I received a sterling silver card case one after I served as best man for one of my closest friends. It came from Tiffany. Sadly. it is still in the original box, as I have never used it. When I was working, I put business cards in each of the left hand outside pockets of all of my suits. A card case just seemed a bit precious to me.
Read his Wikipedia entry. Quite a distinguished life.
The coat collar thing here has really reached ridiculous proportions. you are not suppose to be able to do the locust yoga pose and have the collar stuck to your neck.[/quote] I highly recommend that you watch a clip from the musical "The Band Wagon". starring Fred Astaire. It can be found on YouTube under the title "Steppin' out with my baby" Fred Astaire (I'm sorry I do not know how to post the link.) This has the justly famous slow motion sequence towards the end of...
Blazer buttons are uniform and ornamental. No surgeon ever wore one. And it looks terrible, from my pre-SF experience.[/quote] I disagree. Hunt buttons on hunting coats are often set in functional buttonholes on bespoke and non-bespoke jackets alike (in England, at any rate.) I collect antique livery, club, hunt and military buttons, most from the nineteenth century. Because the have a substantial loop on their reverse they do not look so well sewn onto sleeves...
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Colin Firth in TF: Don't like it.
I suggest that you take the coat to a furrier if you cannot determine whether the collar is real fur or not, or if so, what kind. I would want to see that in an Ebay listing. A skilled tailor can tell you if the fur collar can be removed without much difficulty or not. He might also tell you if the sleeves can be let down to enable you to wear it (if the coat is the right length). It may have already been pointed out in an earlier reply, but the coat is not made by Hickey...
Your coat is beautiful, especially the lapels! How about a picture from the back?
No, Samuelsohn is better.