or Connect

Posts by BerryWall

Pearl or dove gray, to name two.
My late brother, an attorney, took his cleaners to court after they ruined a number of his dress shirts. He won. My brother was slow to anger and did not waste his time on frivolous matters, but the owner's attitude and total unwillingness to do the right thing led my brother to take him to court, more to teach him a lesson than to recover his loss. I only wish I had been there to see it. My brother was brilliant, charismatic and had a great sense of humor. He could be...
Quote: Originally Posted by ysc Some of the places posted in this thread are stately homes really, not country houses. My favorite country house in the UK is far too hard to call, but Filoli is the prettiest country house I visited in the states. It struck me as a good balance between "classic" english country house design and mediteranian/local influences, so it didn't look ridiculous in its setting. Worth a visit if you are near San...
Frankly, I think that your intended shade of red would make up better as a pair of odd trousers. I may be prejudiced though, as I have meant to have a pair of crimson (and it has to be just the right shade), trousers made up for along time. On the other hand, I really do like the coat shown the illustration taken from Esquire. I think it would be a great addition to a wardrobe that already has all the basics.
Frankly, I think that your intended shade of red would make up better as a pair of odd trousers. I may be prejudiced though, as I have meant to have a pair of crimson (and it has to be just the right shade), trousers made up. On the other hand, I really do like the coat shown the illustration taken from Esquire.
If you do decide to shorten the sleeves from the sleeve head, it would be nice if you took and shared pictures of the process with the forum.
As long as you are not wearing the shorts too low, thee length looks fine. I am puzzled as to what type of look you wife is imagining (no snideness implied ).
Try looking at the selection of pants at Shop The Finest, an affiliate vender whose store icon is at the top of the page. The rise, as well as all other pertinent dimensions, are specified. Selection and size representation is excellent, too.
I have read that John D. Rockefeller was suckled by a wet nurse in the last months of his life owing to his inability to digest solid food.
It could be a panel from a three panel screen. The painting looks as though it is part of a larger picture. Screens were often painted in such styles on canvas and mounted to a wooden frame/s. It is done in a pastoral style that references earlier european paintings as well as tapestries. If you have an auction house or antique dealer/s in your area, I would have them come to take a look. Given the state in which you live, I imagine that there are plenty of antique dealers...