or Connect

Posts by BerryWall

Quote: Originally Posted by geoffmartin17 I like the overall look of Big C's suit much much better than William. William looks like the clothes are wearing him - charles is wearing his clothes. Always the mark of a truly well-dressed man (or woman).
I happened to be looking at the Howard Yount site last night. There are two wool squares, one with orange and gray and one with a smaller patter made up of orange green and gray, IIRC. You miight give those a glance.
The first is clearly better. Perhaps you need to have your sleeves shortened?
I found them to be quite durable and I've worn them for thirty years.
RJman; Thanks for another interesting gathering of items. I rather fancy the H and H rufflle front shirt, though it's not my size. I bought a similar shirt made for Harrod's in the sixites with a 14 1/2 " collar for my wife, who loves it. Cheers!
I subscribe to: The New York Times, The Economist, The New York Review of Books, The London Book Review and The Times Literary Supplement. Plenty to chew on.
I hear Alan Greenspan appears in an uncredited cameo role.
I would ask Sam Hober if he would make one up for you. He does not offer them on his site, but he might be up for a one-off commission. Also, you could contact Will of A suitable Wardrobe. I am sure he could point you in the right direction. Good luck and let us all know what you find.
^ I would also suggest using the leg of your wife and/or girlfriend to tie your bow tie/s on. Of course if your bow tie to be tied, fully extended, will only fit around her ankle, you may wish to reconsider this idea.
The steps to tie a bow tie are the same as those used to ties one's shoelaces-assuming that the wearer does not tie his shoes with a granny knot. I agree that guides are not very helpful. I would suggest that the frustrated novitiate go to a reputable men's store and ask a salesman to show you how. Stay until you get it right. In my years as a "counter-hopper" in a fine old men's store, I gave many lessons in how to tie a bow tie.