or Connect

Posts by BerryWall

Thank you, Shoeluv, for your kind words. I am glad that I could be of help to you. Happy Hunting!
The top coat button either fell off or was removed. With the lapel incorrectly pressed flat it would make an unsightly bulge,especially due to leather buttons are used. The piece of fabric secured by two buttons on the inside of the coat front is the throat latch. It can be attached to the buttons on either side of the inside coat collar edges when the coat is buttoned up with the collar turned up.The coat dates from the mid seventies to the mid eighties. The number you...
Well, the collar shown is a cutaway collar, which is on the extreme end of spread collars. Though they have their devotees, I find them difficult to work with. A bow tie ( which I often wear) will not work well with a cutaway collar. The shirt fabric is nice, but would , be,I think, hard to match with most bow ties. A shirt made up in a smaller scale graph check in blue and red might be a good choice for you. It would allow you to wear many different ties ( bows or long)...
A pair of decrepit Belgian loafers. They're about twenty years old.
Check the blog The Shoe Snob for "My Recommended Shoe Cobbler". The pictures of a pair of shoes resoled are impressive.
Not normal at all. The fabric used to make that coat is inferior and should not have been used.
I used to shop in that store, beginning in 1975.
About 125, when I last counted.
Yes, Label King, it would seem to be a feature that has long been discarded from shirts. I would think that it was featured only on higher quality ready-made or bespoke shirts from the past, like Turnbull & Asser. As chance would have it, I remember seeing a picture some thirty years ago of one of my beau ideals, David Niven, in the process of tying his tie, his turned up collar exposing the channels that you describe.The tie thus secured would not slip below the back of...
I have bought many Brioni sport coats with a swatch of jacket fabric in the pocket. Also included were sleeve buttons and an extra coat button. Seems to be a regular practice for Brioni. Enjoy your sport coat.