or Connect

Posts by The Rural Juror

I've had these for many years, but have not worn them much due to the pegged soles. I stopped wearing them years ago, but thought someone might be interested in them. Please contact me with any questions.   I am open to offers.   $40 shipping.I am wiling to ship internationally, but may charge an additional amount. Contact me and we can work something out.
Worn only a handful of times, these Meermin loafers are in good condition. They are too small for me, so I am giving them up. There is a scuff on the right toe, and I have included a close-up photo. I will include a pair of shoe trees and the Meermin bag (one bag for both shoes, pictured). This is my first sale, so if I am leaving out any important details, contact me and I will elaborate. I am open for offers.    I am willing to ship internationally, but may need to...
Worn only a handful of times, these Meermin loafers are in good condition. They are too small for me, so I am giving them up. There is a scuff on the right toe, and I have included a close-up photo. I will include a pair of shoe trees and the Meermin bag (one bag for both shoes, pictured). This is my first sale, so if I am leaving out any important details, contact me and I will elaborate. I am open for offers.   $120 shipped. I am willing to ship internationally, but...
Holy shit I love uberjam (one) especially the title track which I have probably listened to more than any song ever. Downloading now...Frisell is my fav. But uberjam is so good.
  Yes, that was exactly VinnyMac's point.   OP, it sounds like you don't really have any ideas, so your best bet is going to be working for your school. In general I think they will pay a decent hourly wage. Priority will be given to work-study students who qualify for financial aid, but you should be able to get something. I would explore all of your options carefully. I had the coolest job in college (helping produce a music/interview show now on NPR) but we had a hard...
Not just petroleum engineers work "in the oil field." My friend was an EE and worked at a refinery in Illinois. I never asked him his salary, but I get the impression it was very good. He did not have a company car, though, and it was a hell of a commute from Saint Louis to rural Illinois, so that company car would be an especially good perk if you're in a similar situation.
Anybody drinking Old Bardstown bourbon after the Robert Parker favorable review? Apparently the review shouldn't be taken that seriously, but I'm curious about the bourbon not the review.  I drank a bottle. I think it was ~$17 and I would say it was pretty great for that price point. I normally stick with Buffalo Trace and am still developing my taste. The main thing I picked out about Old Bardstown was a strong note of maple syrup.
  VinnyMac, normally your advice is spot on, but in this matter I think you're way off base. Your post seems even at odds with what OP said:     I take your point, don't negotiate for more if you like the offer. But that doesn't seem to be the case. It's hard to judge without having heard the actual conversation, but in general I think every candidate considering getting a job should expect to learn about a company's full range of benefits. Hopefully, they will explain...
Just read this interview which hit on your questions...     http://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/06/20/business/in-head-hunting-big-data-may-not-be-such-a-big-deal.html
I'm not sure if you, as the lowest ranking team member, are in a position to do this, but you might try to coordinate with the other interviewers so that you're not all asking the same questions.   You said they're already screened on technical matters, so leaving that aside: ask them to talk about particular projects they have worked on. You can leave it up to them by asking an open-ended question or you can pick a particular part of their resume and ask them to...